NMNThe Dark Side

Newage

The Dark Side

Post by Newage »

I have trained elite athletes up to a level to be superbly fit and at the top of their game.
Some individuals have felt that good that they have factored in an extra training session on their own volition unbeknown to me.
Depending on the athlete, some have gone from super fit with an enhanced immune system to tipping into the dark side with depleted immunity by way of the extra training session..
It’s a fine line that we walk at that level..
The moral to the story is to listen to your body, your coach or preferably both.
“ More is not always better “
Supplementing with NMN or NAD+ may have a positive effect on the above training issues.
Stay tuned....

OzSport

Re: The Dark Side

Post by OzSport »

Newage wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 pm Depending on the athlete, some have gone from super fit with an enhanced immune system to tipping into the dark side with depleted immunity by way of the extra training session..
It’s a fine line that we walk at that level..
Definitely agree, it's all about balance! A couple of years ago, a colleague of mine was training quite heavily for a major sprinting competition and yes, she looked super fit, but was catching a lot of colds...I mentioned to her that I thought she'd be quite immune due to her fitness, but she said it was the opposite because she was training so much.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

i notice with MMA fighters, they try to have a bit of extra fat stores on fight day - even though they have a lose their water for half a day at weight in, the guys with really low body fat tend to gas out.

I think if i was training for a marathon i'd stop on the last three days to build up calories and rest my muscles.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I agree with that Canada...
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

In order to be at the elite level an athlete must be gifted, talented and determined. These drive many to the break of disaster. I agree that it is a fine line that an elite athlete walks in order to be at their peak. Immunity is an interesting topic and one that we should discuss but I will just say that if you are treating elite athletes you should be treating immune issues as well.
Newage

Post by Newage »

DrDavid
I agree. The immune system should be addressed and enhanced when at top fitness levels, as the athlete walks that fine line.
Burn out, Physical and Mental issues along with many other conditions can manifest if they tip over the line..
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

canadahealthy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:46 am i notice with MMA fighters, they try to have a bit of extra fat stores on fight day - even though they have a lose their water for half a day at weight in, the guys with really low body fat tend to gas out.

I think if i was training for a marathon i'd stop on the last three days to build up calories and rest my muscles.
Yup, totally agree! The ones that cut too far and don't restore in time for their fight don't fight so great. The Rhonda Rousey vs. Holly Holm fight, I think, is a good example of that - Rhonda Rousey was looking very trim, but seemed lethargic. Could have been related to other factors like how she was out of the ring for awhile and also Holly Holm fighting that better, but Rhonda did seem to tire out much quicker than usual.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic