FAQsNAD+, NMN & Peri-menopause/menopause

Zenjen

NAD+, NMN & Peri-menopause/menopause

Post by Zenjen »

Just started my NMN journey, NAD+ set to arrive this week. I've been searching the forum, but haven't found any women who can comment on NMN/NAD+ and their response or experience around peri-menopausal symptoms. Just looking to see what has worked for other women and what hasn't. I started at 500mg Pure NMN/day and I'm planning to work in 1-2 days off per week after this week. So far, I'm very pleased with the impact on my energy levels and recovery. I'm a 5x/week crossfitter and very active outside of the gym. 52yo, 140lb. 

Thanks!

rhett

Re: NAD+, NMN & Peri-menopause/menopause

Post by rhett »

This isn't directly an answer to your question, but you might think it is interesting still:

https://www.technologynetworks.com/cell ... ice-330636
https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/pdf/S ... 0083-8.pdf
Zenjen

Post by Zenjen »

Thanks Rhett. I had seen the first article, but not the second. 

Appreciate the response!

Jen
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

So i can see NMN and NAD+ as disruptors in the menopausal process, perhaps even reversing it to some degree, or even totalnd used regularly.ly if the doses are high enough.

But that wouldn't necessarily mean better symptoms for menopause. 

I am not female, so I can't speak to those symptoms, and really have no idea what is at play there.

Still, the other benefits for NMN and NAD+ would stand, thus making things helpful.

machafin

Post by machafin »

Hi - I’m 66 and post-menopausal. Have been taking NMN for a bit over 3 months now with great results for energy, etc. BUT I’ve started having hot flashes again, which is perhaps both a good thing and a not so good thing. Or possibly my temperature regulation is off.

jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

machafin wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:18 pm Hi - I’m 66 and post-menopausal. Have been taking NMN for a bit over 3 months now with great results for energy, etc. BUT I’ve started having hot flashes again, which is perhaps both a good thing and a not so good thing. Or possibly my temperature regulation is off.

There are studies on how NMN makes the reproductive system in women younger again, sometimes going from being infertile to fertile again in older, over-40 age groups.  The effect on the reproductive system is just one example of the overall, systemic effects of raising NAD+ levels in the body.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

NMN is a great molecule. It also rebuilds the Vascular system.  :D

Newage

Post by Newage »

Hi
drkris69 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:53 pm NMN is a great molecule. It also rebuilds the Vascular system.  :D

The leg arteries of a 35 year old according to my last ultrasound and the practitioners comments.
I will take that at 70+..  :shock:

theyoungflyer

Post by theyoungflyer »

Newage wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:03 pm Hi
drkris69 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:53 pm NMN is a great molecule. It also rebuilds the Vascular system.  :D

The leg arteries of a 35 year old according to my last ultrasound and the practitioners comments.
I will take that at 70+..  :shock:

That’s awesome!!! I just joined this forum so I’m exploring NMN & post menopause… what form / type do you use?!

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Nice mate! It has done the same for me. I was scheduled for a ablation of the greater saphenous vein in my L leg due to an old blood clot. We did a new  venous ultrasound and now I dont need it due to the other veins have already taken over and that the greater saphenous vein now shows improvement. I am not taking anything for this other than a baby aspirin and NMN daily.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic