NutritionOne more reason to avoid surgar!

NewLifeScience

Re: One more reason to avoid surgar!

Post by NewLifeScience »

smokinjoe wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:09 pm Well my last bastion of sugar is in my coffee. I am a long standing Tim Horton's large double-double.

Lots of people have told me it only takes 2 weeks without sugar to get used to it - i just need to force myself to start.

Something tells my caffeine plus pure sugar is not all that good.
maybe try avoiding the coffee entirely?

i like my coffee with sugar as well. It functions as my start up oil, antihistamine, and break time all at once.

Allice

Post by Allice »

Nowadays, the body is used to getting energy quickly through sugar, and it is very difficult to give it up. One day, my husband and I decided to give it up for a while and began prescribing products that did not contain it. There aren't many products like this...
It is also very difficult to change your taste habits. I, too, can drink coffee only with sugar or some kind of sweetener. I tried to replace sugar with cinnamon, but nothing worked :) only this creamer, intended for people on a keto diet, helped. Even so, I really wanted to buy a bottle of banana syrup to take home.

Last edited by Allice on Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Allice wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:06 pm Nowadays, the body is used to getting energy quickly through sugar, and it is very difficult to give it up. One day, my husband and I decided to give it up for a while and began prescribing products that did not contain it. There aren't many products like this...
It is also very difficult to change your taste habits. I, too, can drink coffee only with sugar or some kind of sweetener. I tried to replace sugar with cinnamon, but nothing worked :) only cream, intended for people on a keto diet, helped. Even so, I really wanted to buy a bottle of banana syrup to take home.

Unfortunately, it’s seems like you may be “hooked” on the sweet substance.
It’s not all that hard to give up if you have the will power.
There is enough sugar in processed foods without adding it into  the diet. See how you go Allice but one thing is guaranteed, all  food will start to taste naturally sweet if you are successful in giving it up.   :shock:

mitzini

Post by mitzini »

For anyone quitting sugar, I recommend the book 'The Glucose Revolution' by Jessie Inchauspe. I have an extreme sweet tooth and I had to have something sweet after every meal. Just by incorporating some of the hacks described in the book I have noticed the cravings diminished greatly, I'm also less hungry and satiated faster.  :)

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thank you for recommending that book. I will check it out.
Allice

Post by Allice »

Newage wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:21 pm
Allice wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:06 pm Nowadays, the body is used to getting energy quickly through sugar, and it is very difficult to give it up. One day, my husband and I decided to give it up for a while and began prescribing products that did not contain it. There aren't many products like this...
It is also very difficult to change your taste habits. I, too, can drink coffee only with sugar or some kind of sweetener. I tried to replace sugar with cinnamon, but nothing worked :) only cream, intended for people on a keto diet, helped. Even so, I really wanted to buy a bottle of banana syrup to take home.

Unfortunately, it’s seems like you may be “hooked” on the sweet substance.
It’s not all that hard to give up if you have the will power.
There is enough sugar in processed foods without adding it into  the diet. See how you go Allice but one thing is guaranteed, all  food will start to taste naturally sweet if you are successful in giving it up.   :shock:

I know that I'm kinda of addicted to sugar and I try to cope with it! Hope I can reach success in this hard journey 
naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

I have an extremely sweet tooth and I'd like to stop it. Will definitely check out that book thanks.

What about fruit though? Is that ok in moderation? E.g 1 apple a day. Occasional pineapple/mango.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

The fibre in fruit (and veg) protects against any blood sugar spike...as long as its fresh fruit and not dried (% of sugar in dried is way higher) or juiced (all the fibre is lost).
Enjoy your fruits!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic