NMNβ-NMN (beta-nicotinamide mononucleotide) is excluded from the definition of a dietary supplement??

Boxcost

β-NMN (beta-nicotinamide mononucleotide) is excluded from the definition of a dietary supplement??

Post by Boxcost »

What are the implication of this on our ability to buy NMN as a supplement??

β-NMN (beta-nicotinamide mononucleotide) is excluded from the definition of a dietary supplement.
https://www.naturalproductsinsider.com/ ... upplements

This is Dr Brad's response https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalylAdIxS4

I think he went a bit hard on Dr David Sinclair, he is an advisor to the company working on the drug, I am sure Sinclair he has some financial interest but I can't believe he single handily orchestrated the whole thing!

naruto123

Re: β-NMN (beta-nicotinamide mononucleotide) is excluded from the definition of a dietary supplement??

Post by naruto123 »

Well I can tell you in the UK my local stockist has basically said they are stopping but expect to resume in 2023/2024 once they have been granted authorisation. 

So has this all come about because Dr Sinclair wants to sell some proprietary version without any competition?
drkris69

Re: β-NMN (beta-nicotinamide mononucleotide) is excluded from the definition of a dietary supplement??

Post by drkris69 »

A company called, Metro International Biotech produced a chemical called MIB-626 which is another form of NMN and this company is trying to make it a pharmaceutical product. If they are successful, this means that any NMN that we used to be able to buy over the counter or thru websites like Renue, we will no longer be able to. The FDA is saying NMN is being considered as a drug. Dr. David Sinclair sits on the board of this company called Metro Int. Biotech. My thoughts, Dr. Sinclair has stock in this company and they may have the rights and patent to be one of the only ones able to sell NMN going forward and now we might need a prescription from our DR's in order to use NMN. Hopefully Im wrong but this is what Im getting out of this article. Im  hoping this gets worked out. By the way, the same happened last year with NAC if you guys remember. As of right now, we can still buy NMN or NAD precursors with no problem. This new issue with NMN or NAD could months to years to get resolved.  

What do you guys think? 

Last edited by drkris69 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

I'm thinking if it was only available with a prescription then less people would have access to it due to having to go through hoops to access it which means less money in their pockets. Also how would that even work? Would your physician have to conduct a test to see what your NAD+ levels are at before knowing if you're suitable? Arn't these tests expensive? Doesn't seem like a good strategy to me if they are interested in maximising profit. 

I would wager plenty of people take it for general wellness and they'll be missing out on that money. 
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Well if companies like RBS just move offshore and carry on as before then they won't make a penny. 
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Unless I see a link to a policy link or announcement, I don't see any cause for concern.

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think right now it is a UK issue.

Sounds serious in the short term. Let's hope it doesn't spread across the Ocean.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

There is no ban on NMN, at least not yet and there's a decent possibility it will end up like NAC, not considered a dietary supplement by the FDA but still allowed to be sold.
naruto123

Post by naruto123 »

Ok well regardless of the official current status it looks like RBS are all out (of Lipo capsules anyway) till the new year. Could they be holding off on production until the status is clarified?

Anyway I hate to ask this here but are there any alternative companies who sell Liposomal NMN in capsule form who are as good as RBS?

latest update from Dr Stanfield

https://youtu.be/RdnGm2_odfA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic