NutritionWhat I Eat at 80 to support Alive by Science Products

Pickleball101

What I Eat at 80 to support Alive by Science Products

Post by Pickleball101 »

Recently one of the Forum posters asked "What do I EAT" , at 80, while taking the Alive by Science products for the last three years? Well,
its been an evolving nutritional plan, based on where I started, mods along the way with evolving AbS products, and now, having arrived ,
a maintenance Nutritional pattern that I can deviate from, tweak, and not feel any deprivation in what I have given up.
Three years ago, at 77, while under an aircraft wing sumping a fuel tank for water, I tried sitting up. No go. Then I rolled over and tried pushing
up to get up. Still no go. Finally I rolled out from under the plane, grabbed a wing, and finally pulled my self up. That was IT. No more sliding
down into the grave slowly.  Online research promised renewed stamina with "BASIS" a Niacin supplement, but after three months, little effect. By then I had started playing Pickleball, and had lost 27 lbs from 223 down to 196, and found my eating habits changing. First, I had dropped cereal
and dairy for breakfast, substituting a big bowl of mixed fruit, that offered high Potassium in Bananas, Mangos, Red grapes, Peaches, and Canelope.  On returning from 3 hours of Pickleball play, I started having 5 eggs soft fried in butter, over Rye, (no more white bread), and a avocado mixed with the outside of a tomato (no seeds). Salad dressings OK. Switching from water to Tonic and lime, in a tumbler of ice, and Green (decaffeinated) Tea top off my morning meal. About four in the Afternoon, I'll have a Ham and melted Mexi cheese on Rye, with more Tonic and lime. Sub Turkey or Cajun sliced chicken for Ham  That's it. Intermittent fasting next for18 hours to my morning fruit bowl.
In place of the Brunch time Eggs, I'll have a big mixed green salad, avocado, boiled eggs, and a Southern fried Chicken breast for my morning meal OR I'll cook a 3 minute double pack of fruit oat meal, with real fruit added (peaches,bananas, mangos) to boost the Potassium again. Buttered Rye. Green Tea. My freezer is packed with meal size glass storage containers with hard top plastic snap downs, sealing tight. About once a week, I'm making Chicken Cacciatore , a roast and carrots or stew in the crock pot, or a Turkey and soup afterward. These prepared natural food meals supplement my quick Brunches, or offer a walk in warm up meal. The last thing I do on Sunday, is eat anything I want. Hot dogs (with polish sausage), Blue Bell ice cream, Veggie pizza, Anything. I never feel deprived, and if I gain 5 lbs over the holidays, cut down on them as a maintenance plan to tweak my nutritional plan.
 When I started Pickleball play three years ago, I was taking a dozen health supplements a day, but eating frozen, canned, fast food, and preservatives. Nixed that with AlivebyScience NMN powder. I started taking NMN by breaking open capsules and sprinkling it under my tongue, for SL delivery. That worked until later NMNsl, and LIPO came along. Today it's LIPO  NAD+ Complete, daily with 300mg Resveratrol, TMG and a NMN/NAD+ sl boost before Pickleball play days.
Today, only 5000IU Vitamin D3 in am , and a 10-20 Probiotic pm is necessary, with proper natural nutrition and the AlivebyScience products. 
Sleep patterns changed. I go to sleep earlier, usually around 9, after wearing blue lens viewing glasses for 1-2 hours before. I awake at 5-6 , no alarm, and delay that fruit bowl until 7:30.
And now you know "The Rest of the Story"...

RobSmith

Re: What I Eat at 80 to support Alive by Science Products

Post by RobSmith »

Thanks Ben, that's much appreciated. 
It's very similar to the approach I take including the "anything goes" Sunday (as my grandmother used to say, a little of what you fancy does you good!)
It clearly shows that a decent diet in terms of both when you eat and what you eat is probably allowing much better micronutrient absorption and so a lot of other supplements really can be unnecessary as has been the case for you. 
Long may it continue. 
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

Roger that! Rob, In fact the first time I Ever thought of adding tomatoes to my Southern breakfast was at a B&B in Fauley, England.
Now its part of my 5 egg brunch, with avocados. I still haven't been able to go for the "kippers" yet, though... Cheerio, Mate.
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Well that's a five star breakfast even without the kippers! *****
chaline971

Post by chaline971 »

Have you tried to integrate nigella into your nutrition program ?
JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

I have really upped my game with diet.

Atlantic Salmon at least 3 times per week. Avocado/asparagus/brussel sprouts or cauliflour most days. Great smoothies. Olive oil. Beet juice.
4 ounces only of Apple/orange/cranberry juice everyday

No processed meats for the last 8 weeks.

Newage

Post by Newage »

JanCOhio wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:44 pm I have really upped my game with diet.

Atlantic Salmon at least 3 times per week. Avocado/asparagus/brussel sprouts or cauliflour most days. Great smoothies. Olive oil. Beet juice.
4 ounces only of Apple/orange/cranberry juice everyday

No processed meats for the last 8 weeks.

Good for you JanCOhio. Diet can be a strong determining factor in the Wellness Quest. Good to see you also taking the very underrated Beetroot Juice with its Blood Pressure lowing benefits.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic