Healthy Aging News and ResearchStudy identifies drug that could increase lifespan

RenueSupport

Study identifies drug that could increase lifespan

Post by RenueSupport »

In a University of Auckland study, mice were given alpelisib - currently used to treat cancer - which increased their lifespan by an average of 10 percent, compared to mice with the same diet that were not given the drug.

The results, published in international journal Nature Ageing, found the mice given alpelisib were also healthier in old age, with better strength and coordination.

"There are very, very few drugs that have ever been shown to extend the lifespan both in male and female mice, it's one of two or three." -Principal investigator Associate Professor Troy Merry

Full Article: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/482 ... e-lifespan

drkris69

Re: Study identifies drug that could increase lifespan

Post by drkris69 »

Great article, Metformin Im sure is on that list as well. Thanks for sharing... :D

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Last edited by OMillsPA on Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:17 pm Well, I'm sorry, but I'm done with this.  If you keep your body living, but your mind is gone, what is the point?  Dementia is not fun to deal with.  I'm just broken.  Love you all.

Medical Science and enhanced treatments move forward every minute of the day.
We all understand your frustration and pain OMillsPA.
Hang in there with the possibility of New Treatments that may be on the horizon.  👍

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

Thanks.  I'm better now.  I was having a bad time there a while back.  Not only is it physically draining to take care of an elderly parent, the emotional toll may be worse.  On a positive note, I have been giving my mom lipo Resveratrol, NAD Complete, Quercetin, Berberine, and CaAKG for several months now.  I’m noticing improvements in walking, balance, hearing, incontinence and some memory.  Physical improvements are pretty obvious.  Mental, not as much, but better.  I hired a nurse in the morning for 4 hours and one in the evening for 2 hours.  That has really had a positive impact on me.  On Thurday, I will be alcohol free for 1 month.  Being sober has helped me too.  I drink smoothies, lemon water, or a wild blueberry and orange juice cocktails with honey instead.  Thanks for the encouragement.
Newage

Post by Newage »

OMillsPA wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:29 pm Thanks.  I'm better now.  I was having a bad time there a while back.  Not only is it physically draining to take care of an elderly parent, the emotional toll may be worse.  On a positive note, I have been giving my mom lipo Resveratrol, NAD Complete, Quercetin, Berberine, and CaAKG for several months now.  I’m noticing improvements in walking, balance, hearing, incontinence and some memory.  Physical improvements are pretty obvious.  Mental, not as much, but better.  I hired a nurse in the morning for 4 hours and one in the evening for 2 hours.  That has really had a positive impact on me.  On Thurday, I will be alcohol free for 1 month.  Being sober has helped me too.  I drink smoothies, lemon water, or a wild blueberry and orange juice cocktails with honey instead.  Thanks for the encouragement.

Good to hear OMillsPA.
There is always “light” at the end of the tunnel if one looks for it. Giving up Alcohol is a major plus with its initial feeling of escalation quickly turning into depressive long term feelings.
You seem to be on the right track. Keep it up..👍

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic