SenolyticsIs "Life Extension's Senolytic Activator" any good?

orian

Is "Life Extension's Senolytic Activator" any good?

Post by orian »

Hi, I'm new here. I sometimes go on the Longecity forum, but in the past few years, that forum isn't as active as it used to be, and so my posts there are seldom replied to. 

A week ago I came across a senolytic supplement by a company called Life Extension. It's called
"Life Extension's Senolytic Activator". It has 36 capsules in the bottle, and you only need to take 3 capsules a week. Each capsule contains:

Bio-Fisetin 312 mg
Theaflavins 275 mg
Bio-Quercetin 74 mg
Apigenin 50 mg

If you took 3 capsules a week, you would be getting the following dosages:

Bio-Fisetin 936 mg
Theaflavins 825 mg
Bio-Quercetin 222 mg
Apigenin 150 mg

These amounts seem too low to properly clear out senescent cells, given that to do so using the customary "hit and miss" protocol of taking fisetin alone in large dosages every few months requires a dosage of 1500 mg each day for two days.

Life extension say that their product is 25 times more bioavailable than other fisetin products, but they don't give any information for that claim.

Besides, fisetin alone when mixed with an oily substance becomes bioavailable. I have used the "hit and miss" protocol in the past, mixing fisetin with olive oil.

So my question is, is Life Extension's product worth buying? Are any of you taking it, and if so what do you think of it?

jocko6889

Re: Is "Life Extension's Senolytic Activator" any good?

Post by jocko6889 »

orian wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:13 am Hi, I'm new here. I sometimes go on the Longecity forum, but in the past few years, that forum isn't as active as it used to be, and so my posts there are seldom replied to. 

A week ago I came across a senolytic supplement by a company called Life Extension. It's called
"Life Extension's Senolytic Activator". It has 36 capsules in the bottle, and you only need to take 3 capsules a week. Each capsule contains:

Bio-Fisetin 312 mg
Theaflavins 275 mg
Bio-Quercetin 74 mg
Apigenin 50 mg

Bio-Fisetin 936 mg
Theaflavins 825 mg
Bio-Quercetin 222 mg
Apigenin 150 mg

These amounts seem too low to properly clear out senescent cells, given that to do so using the customary "hit and miss" protocol of taking fisetin alone in large dosages every few months requires a dosage of 1500 mg each day for two days.

Life extension say that their product is 25 times more bioavailable than other fisetin products, but they don't give any information for that claim.

Besides, fisetin alone when mixed with an oily substance becomes bioavailable. I have used the "hit and miss" protocol in the past, mixing fisetin with olive oil.

So my question is, is Life Extension's product worth buying? Are any of you taking it, and if so what do you think of it?

You didn't mention the price but in my opinion, these are pretty low and ineffectual doses of each.  Check out the same supplements over at renuebyscience.com.  We don't carry Theaflavins but do carry the others in a liposomal version, which is much more bioavailable than what you're using now.
Newage

Post by Newage »

I totally agree Jocko. Along with the Fisetin Monthly Protocol I also use a couple of pumps daily of the RBS Lipo Fisetin as a consistent maintenance dose..
orian

Post by orian »

jocko6889 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:58 pm
orian wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:13 am Hi, I'm new here. I sometimes go on the Longecity forum, but in the past few years, that forum isn't as active as it used to be, and so my posts there are seldom replied to. 

Bio-Fisetin 312 mg
Theaflavins 275 mg
Bio-Quercetin 74 mg
Apigenin 50 mg

Bio-Fisetin 936 mg
Theaflavins 825 mg
Bio-Quercetin 222 mg
Apigenin 150 mg

You didn't mention the price but in my opinion, these are pretty low and ineffectual doses of each.  Check out the same supplements over at renuebyscience.com.  We don't carry Theaflavins but do carry the others in a liposomal version, which is much more bioavailable than what you're using now.

The price on their European site (I'm in the UK) is £20.93 ($25.79). 

They say their dosages are magnified by a process that they have patented for bioavailability. So if true, then the three capsules a week would be sufficient as a senolytic.

That's what they say, mind. It could be just advertising hype though.

orian

Post by orian »

Newage wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:15 pm I totally agree Jocko. Along with the Fisetin Monthly Protocol I also use a couple of pumps daily of the RBS Lipo Fisetin as a consistent maintenance dose..

Is it safe to do a high dose (hit-and-run) protocol each month? I thought you needed to have a few months break in between the hit and miss protocols to allow more senescent cells to develop.

Last edited by orian on Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newage

Post by Newage »

I only do the Mayo Protocol once per year and then take a break. Then I sometimes introduce a maintenance dose around that.
orian

Post by orian »

I see.

I just checked and found out that it is safe to do the hit-and-run method every months. This is what the Mayo Clinic trial did in their 6 month trial.

YouthRenue

Post by YouthRenue »

How much Fisetin is needed to properly clear out senescent cells?

I'm on the Renue Lipo Acticator which is 245mg a week if taken daily? Do we think is should start taking twice as much?
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

YouthRenue wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:23 pm How much Fisetin is needed to properly clear out senescent cells?

I'm on the Renue Lipo Acticator which is 245mg a week if taken daily? Do we think is should start taking twice as much?

You will need higher doses of fisetin than the Activator product provides.  I suggest buying the RBS LIPO Fisetin capsules and taking 3 per day for 3 straight days (dose for a typical 190lb person so adjust accordingly), then rest one month, then repeat this on/off cycle for 4 more months.  

YouthRenue

Post by YouthRenue »

You will need higher doses of fisetin than the Activator product provides.  I suggest buying the RBS LIPO Fisetin capsules and taking 3 per day for 3 straight days (dose for a typical 190lb person so adjust accordingly), then rest one month, then repeat this on/off cycle for 4 more months. "
So if I buy the RBS Lipo Fisetin capsules I'll be taking 9 pills a month over three days, and for four months.

The bottle comes with 90 pills so I'll have enough to keep going for 10 months? Should I just do that?

Also, is it good for me to continue the activator pills during this time - the low dose shouldn't cause any problems?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic