NMNNMN Side Effect - Feeling hot early in the morning

sanjivjindia

NMN Side Effect - Feeling hot early in the morning

Post by sanjivjindia »

After reading Dr Sinclair's book, I have been taking NMN 250 for 3-4 weeks.   For the last 2-3 days, I have experienced the following:  

Feeling hot with some mild sweating in the face around 5 am in the morning. I am a 65 years male, in reasonably good health.  I have hypothyroidism for which I take 25 mcg of Thyroxine every morning.

Please let me know if you have any information related to the above.  For the time being, I have stopped taking NMN till I get some satisfactory answers about these symptoms.  Will really appreciate your response regarding the above.

NewLifeScience

Re: NMN Side Effect - Feeling hot early in the morning

Post by NewLifeScience »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am not certain there is enough information to sort this out.

Are you sure you haven't come down with a mild cold or flu?

I take my NMN in the AM because it can sometimes affect sleep. 

I don't know enough about thyroid or thyroid medication to comment further.
sanjivjindia

Post by sanjivjindia »

Thanks for your reply.  No, I don't have any cold and flu.  The feeling of hotness happened only early in the morning.   When I stopped, it did not happen the next day.  I am not sure if it is related to NMN or not, but want to know if anyone had the same experience.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

sanjivjindia wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:02 am Thanks for your reply.  No, I don't have any cold and flu.  The feeling of hotness happened only early in the morning.   When I stopped, it did not happen the next day.  I am not sure if it is related to NMN or not, but want to know if anyone had the same experience.

Your symptoms are not among those reported by others as far as side effects of NMN.  That being said, I don't know the brand or purity of the NMN you are taking.  There have been a lot of fake sellers of NMN and purity levels that are not what is on the label.  Renue by Science is a very reputable brand, so you might try that brand if you're not already.  At the low levels of NMN you're taking, I seriously doubt your reaction is based on the NMN.  Again, provided it's a reputable brand.

sanjivjindia

Post by sanjivjindia »

Ok, if no one else has reported these symptoms, then maybe it was due to something else.   I will start taking it again and observe.

About the brand, I am taking "Uthever NMN 250"  sold by an Indian company, claiming to be WHO/GMP certified.  I will check if Renue by Science is available in India.

Thanks for your inputs.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I recently had a similar experience. After starting nmn (renue sublingual) 1 scoop (500 mg) for two days.  I had a niacin flush.  This sounds like what you are describing.  It wasn't full blown but I've had them before when supplementing niacin and it was definitely a mild flush.  I'm going to reduce my dosage by 1/2 after I take a day off and see how it goes.  Wondering if anyone else has experienced any flushing (mild as it may be comparitivly to a full on niacin flush)
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Ryan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 am I recently had a similar experience. After starting nmn (renue sublingual) 1 scoop (500 mg) for two days.  I had a niacin flush.  This sounds like what you are describing.  It wasn't full blown but I've had them before when supplementing niacin and it was definitely a mild flush.  I'm going to reduce my dosage by 1/2 after I take a day off and see how it goes.  Wondering if anyone else has experienced any flushing (mild as it may be comparitivly to a full on niacin flush)

There is absolutely zero niacin in the Renue NMN sublingual and NMN does not cause flushing, so I'm really not sure where you're getting that from.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

jocko6889 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:49 am
Ryan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 am I recently had a similar experience. After starting nmn (renue sublingual) 1 scoop (500 mg) for two days.  I had a niacin flush.  This sounds like what you are describing.  It wasn't full blown but I've had them before when supplementing niacin and it was definitely a mild flush.  I'm going to reduce my dosage by 1/2 after I take a day off and see how it goes.  Wondering if anyone else has experienced any flushing (mild as it may be comparitivly to a full on niacin flush)

There is absolutely zero niacin in the Renue NMN sublingual and NMN does not cause flushing, so I'm really not sure where you're getting that from.

I would have said that as well but I have a friend that when she started NMN, at 250mg at first then went up to 500mg quickly and had a case mild flushing. I did not believe it at first it was possible on NMN, but after running through everything with her it was the only thing she had done differently!  She backed off, it cleared up quickly, then slowly ramped up again to 500mg and was fine. She did also say if anyone was going to get it would be her :)

So I now do think it can happen, I assume not often.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

jocko6889 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:45 pm
sanjivjindia wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:02 am Thanks for your reply.  No, I don't have any cold and flu.  The feeling of hotness happened only early in the morning.   When I stopped, it did not happen the next day.  I am not sure if it is related to NMN or not, but want to know if anyone had the same experience.

Your symptoms are not among those reported by others as far as side effects of NMN.  That being said, I don't know the brand or purity of the NMN you are taking.  There have been a lot of fake sellers of NMN and purity levels that are not what is on the label.  Renue by Science is a very reputable brand, so you might try that brand if you're not already.  At the low levels of NMN you're taking, I seriously doubt your reaction is based on the NMN.  Again, provided it's a reputable brand.

Taking renue by science 500mg sublingual.

Started 500, after two days got a mild flush.  Backed off for 1 day then started around 250 (1/2 a scoop) for about 1 week then increased to 500 over about 3 days.

I'm getting it from my experience with niacin.  A flush is a pretty unique feeling and this was definitely a mild flush.  The nmn can appherently degrade to niacin under the right conditions as Dr. Sinclair  has said.  Regardless, I am aware that this is an issue that hasn't been identified in literature but possibly with it being transient and mild it is underreported?.  Again I definately had an extremely mild flush after starting, I backed off and slowly ramped up and now I'm back to 500 mg with no problems.  If anything this is support of the 'ramp up' process when starting.

​​​

Last edited by Ryan on Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic