Healthy Aging News and ResearchScientists Show Anti-Inflammatory Drug Improves Blood Regeneration in Old Age

jocko6889

Scientists Show Anti-Inflammatory Drug Improves Blood Regeneration in Old Age

Post by jocko6889 »

A new study showed that blood aging can be reversed with an arthritis medication called anakinra. Stem cells in our bone marrow are responsible for creating new blood cells, however due to increasing inflammation as we age, these bone marrow stem cells begin to decline.
"Blood-producing stem cells are impaired by inflammation in old mice."
"Blood production and immune cell levels are dysregulated in old mice."
"Blocking inflammation with anakinra improves blood production and immune cell levels."
The study suggests that we can reverse blood aging by preventing inflammation with anti-inflammatory drugs or supplements and that stopping bone marrow inflammation could have profound anti-aging effects.
"An aging blood system, because it’s a vector for a lot of proteins, cytokines, and cells, has a lot of bad consequences for the organism,” says Dr. Passegué. “A 70-year-old with a 40-year-old blood system could have a longer healthspan, if not a longer lifespan."

Read the full article at the link below:
https://www.nmn.com/news/columbia-unive ... in-old-age

NewLifeScience

Re: Scientists Show Anti-Inflammatory Drug Improves Blood Regeneration in Old Age

Post by NewLifeScience »

It's always inflammation. Too bad we couldn't filter our blood for inflammatory junk... a nice bloodwash.
NewLifeScience

Re: Scientists Show Anti-Inflammatory Drug Improves Blood Regeneration in Old Age

Post by NewLifeScience »

It's always inflammation. Too bad we couldn't filter our blood for inflammatory junk... a nice blood wash.

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

I think it would be nice to get a hold of this... i imagine it is hard without a prescription. CaAKG does pretty much the same thing.
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

michaeljkelly wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:16 am I think it would be nice to get a hold of this... i imagine it is hard without a prescription. CaAKG does pretty much the same thing.

I agree! While we wait for the RBS version of it, we have CaAKG, Berberine and Curcumin, etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic