NMNNMN - insomnia help

TedB

Re: NMN - insomnia help

Post by TedB »

Any updates on your sleeping? Has it improved at all?

Newage

Post by Newage »

TedB wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:40 pm Any updates on your sleeping? Has it improved at all?

Yes. Please keep us updated on all sleeping issues as restorative sleep is second to none as far as the longevity agenda goes...

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes keep us posted....
PomeYanus

Post by PomeYanus »

I'm curious to hear if you've noticed any improvements in your insomnia since starting NMN. It can be tough to find the right solution for sleep troubles, so I'm hoping that it's been helpful for you.

On another note, have you ever considered trying out one of the best recliners for sleeping? They can be a great way to relax and unwind before bed, and many people find that they help them get a better night's sleep. If you're interested, there are plenty of reviews on recliners out there to help you find the perfect one for your needs.
Last edited by PomeYanus on Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Goldfish wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:24 am Hello all,

I got inspired by David Sinclair to start taking NMN, TMG, CBD oil and metformin in order to improve longevity. 

I started off by taking (250mg) of metformin and 20% CBD oil for around three weeks.

After adding NMN (250mg) and TMG (500mg) I started experiencing insomnia, I took this new combination for a week in total then stopped all four, and have been left with bad insomnia which hasn't resolved itself even 7 months after stopping all supplementation. 

Prior to this I've never had a problem sleeping before, is there anything you would recommend I do to try and reverse what happened? 

Grateful for any thoughts and replies!

NMN - Alivebyscience
TMG - DoNotAge
CBD - Holistic Hemp
Metformin - prescription - from a family member 

Goldfish

Bahahaha!

I did not see your udername right away, so i though you meant Goldfish was/were part of your daily supplimentation, and I could not for the life of me figure out what you meant... we have a cracker snack called goldfish in Canada and it woud never be mistaken for a health suppliement.

How relieved i was to see your username.

wlecome to the forum.

If you are taking 1000mg of NMN via Lipo, I would suggest that is far too much. But otherwise it may have to do with other ingredients that conme with your NMN. I do take mine in the AM (even though Lipo acts as a type of time release) but I only take 250-500mg per day, 5 days per week.

CJB
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

Well I sleep better with the Lipo Green tea. Who knew?
WardT

Post by WardT »

Hi all,

Very illuminating and many thanks for sharing - joined this forum to look for similar experiences of the sometimes unpleasant stimulating effect of high-dose NMN.

Similar to Derrick, I've experienced difficulty sleeping following 1g of NMN (taken at noon in my case due to this quite interesting mouse study where NAD+ supplements were found to be most effective when taken with the circadian peak (ZT6 - 6 hrs after waking: link).

After switching to a breakfast regime sleep is greatly improved, however a pm and evening stimulant effect is quite obvious, similar to a lot of coffee and feeling "buzzed", tingling fingertips and mild anxiety. Not unbearable but not pleasant! Also a question of mildly impaired judgement which causes concerns for working.

As similarly a fairly young man (32), think jocko's point about overdoing it considering natural NAD production levels rings very true; will wean down and see if the stim effects fade. 

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic