Healthy Aging News and ResearchNR Supplementation Restores Sense of Smell

RenueSupport

NR Supplementation Restores Sense of Smell

Post by RenueSupport »

One of the health issues associated with decreased NAD levels is age-related smell loss, which can significantly affect a person's quality of life. A new study explores how NAD depletion can damage the cells responsible for detecting odors in the nose, leading to a loss of smell perception.

Researchers found that boosting NAD levels in mice's olfactory cells could reverse the age-related smell loss. They suggest that NAD supplementation could be a potential therapeutic approach to mitigate the effects of age-related smell loss in humans.

Full Study: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/acel.13793

drkris69

Re: NR Supplementation Restores Sense of Smell

Post by drkris69 »

Great article and thanks for posting. Taking NAD boosters helped me regain my sense of smell and taste when I had the virus last year. I am so thankful that we have these molecules available. Thank you Renue!
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

This may be a source of hope for the few people who have suffered long term loss of smell due to Covid.

michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

So is this evidence of olfactory nerve regeneration? That would be something.
discovery2008

Post by discovery2008 »

drkris69 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:33 am Great article and thanks for posting. Taking NAD boosters helped me regain my sense of smell and taste when I had the virus last year. I am so thankful that we have these molecules available. Thank you Renue!

Hello,
my sister had the virus last year and ever since, her smell and taste are messed up. How did you take the NAD boosters? ok thank you

Last edited by discovery2008 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I took 1000 mgs daily as opposed to 500mgs daily. I also took NAC and that helped as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic