Healthy Aging News and ResearchGlycine, the Anti-Aging Amino Acid

jocko6889

Glycine, the Anti-Aging Amino Acid

Post by jocko6889 »

Most of us don't get enough glycine in our diet, which is why I supplement with about 3 grams per day.  I get 2 grams from the low molecular weight collagen I take every day and another gram from NOW brand glycine capsules.

As we age, low levels of glycine can lead to systemic inflammation, so I also add 2 x 600mg NAC capsules per day, which together form glutathione, the "mother of all antioxidants".

Glycine is known to improve strength, strengthen connective tissues, and reduce inflammation. Check out the article below for more good info on glycine.  You may want to think about adding it to your stack.

https://medium.com/@jw243777/glycine-th ... e9d8431249

RobSmith

Re: Glycine, the Anti-Aging Amino Acid

Post by RobSmith »

What's wrong with cutting out the middle man so to speak and just taking RBS's LIPO Glutathione?
Newage

Post by Newage »

RobSmith wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:34 pm What's wrong with cutting out the middle man so to speak and just taking RBS's LIPO Glutathione?

That’s what I do.
I have been taking RBS Glutathione for quite a while now…
As Jocko said “ The mother of all antioxidants”.   :shock:

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Maybe it's also good to "also" have the body generate it at a cellular level... like taking NMN to boost NAD+ vs taking NAD+.

If I want to boost glutiathone in my kidneys or liver, or wherever, I may be more likely to get it there by triggering a process that boosts it in my cells, rather than consuming the end product.

So then I would take Glutiathone and consider taking Glycine as well.

TedB

Post by TedB »

I have recently heard of studies pointing to the role of Glycine in depression and anxiety.

IU would like to know more of how that works.

https://www.peacehealth.org/medical-top ... 20therapy.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I have seen this offered together with NAC, something called GlyNAC.
JanCOhio

Post by JanCOhio »

Do you know where we can get this?

I still wish to research it more.
RedPhantom

Post by RedPhantom »

3 Grams is way too low.  You need 12-15grams supplemented.  Our bodies make about 3 grams, and depending on diet you might get another 3 g.  3 Gram supplementation may be ok for the GLYNAC Glutathione aspect, but collagen turn over is about 12-15 grams per day (so taking 10g+ of Collagen hydrolyzed peptides is not enough either).  And if you eat meat or in general have a lot of methionine, then glycine processes it to cancel out homocysteine, which is a major aging factor.  Check out Siimland (yes, two i's in name) on Youtube and search for Glycine on his channel.  Glycine at 12-15 grams a day (some may need as much as 30 g a day) is a huge anti-aging factor.  Bonus, you will significantly slow down wrinkles and skin aging as well.   
Newage

Post by Newage »

RedPhantom wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:53 pm 3 Grams is way too low.  You need 12-15grams supplemented.  Our bodies make about 3 grams, and depending on diet you might get another 3 g.  3 Gram supplementation may be ok for the GLYNAC Glutathione aspect, but collagen turn over is about 12-15 grams per day (so taking 10g+ of Collagen hydrolyzed peptides is not enough either).  And if you eat meat or in general have a lot of methionine, then glycine processes it to cancel out homocysteine, which is a major aging factor.  Check out Siimland (yes, two i's in name) on Youtube and search for Glycine on his channel.  Glycine at 12-15 grams a day (some may need as much as 30 g a day) is a huge anti-aging factor.  Bonus, you will significantly slow down wrinkles and skin aging as well.   

Thanks RedPhantom.
I will check this out..👍

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I finally got back on to forum. It is acting weird lately and not letting log in. The website is saying it doesn't recognise my password or username. Im in right now though. I will try to answer some questions if I can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic