Healthy Aging News and ResearchNew Harvard-led study says good sleep hygiene can add years to your life

lizz

Re: New Harvard-led study says good sleep hygiene can add years to your life

Post by lizz »

Any news ? :) Been trying this for a couple of nights now and LIPO Restore PM definitely works, although for some reason (GABA or Melatonin ?) I still have a headache this morning. :/

OMillsPA

Post by OMillsPA »

No news Lizz.  I just received it.  Haven't tested it out yet.  
michaeljkelly

Post by michaeljkelly »

RenueSupport wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:10 am New research shows that “young people who have more beneficial sleep habits are incrementally less likely to die early.” And the Harvard-led research said about 1 in 12 deaths — regardless of the cause — are possibly linked to poor sleep.

The research included data from 172,321 people — their average age was 50 — who were part of the National Health Interview Survey between 2013 and 2019. It showed that five good sleep habits add close to 5 years to a man’s life expectancy and 2.5 years to a woman’s.The five factors are:
  • Sleeping seven to eight hours a night.
  • Trouble falling asleep two times a week or less.
  • Trouble staying asleep no more than twice a week.
  • Not using sleep medication.
  • Feeling well-rested upon awakening at least five days a week.
Full Article: https://www.deseret.com/2023/3/2/236219 ... -longevity

I know it says without sleep medication, but sometimes you just need it.

Over the counter stuff (Nyquil? Sleepeze) is brutal and a bad idea to take regularly.

My sister takes a tiny dose of Ativan every night. (0.5 mg SL) She wakes up in a great mood and have regular rem sleep. I am not saying everyone should take benzodiazapenes for sleep. But if you are taking over the counter stuff fregularly, a mild benzo will work better and be better for your health.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Benzodiazepines certainly work for improving sleep by relaxing the mind and also the muscles the only problem being is that they are “super addictive”
There is a place for their use at times as long as you can incorporate strong personal restraints into your regimen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic