FAQsTrans-Resveratrol Powder Bioavailability

mhoude

Trans-Resveratrol Powder Bioavailability

Post by mhoude »

Hi,

Is the Crystalyne Trans-Resveratrol Powder bioavailability comparable to the micronized version ?

Thanks

mhoude

Re: Trans-Resveratrol Powder Bioavailability

Post by mhoude »

Ok well since no one responds I presume that the micronized version of Trans-Resveratrol is superior to the Renue's Crystalline one.

I hoped I could get some technical info about this to make up my mind before ordering.

I guess it's time for some shopping now.

Thanks
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

mhoude wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:03 pm Hi,

Is the Crystalyne Trans-Resveratrol Powder bioavailability comparable to the micronized version ?

Thanks

I am not an "expert" per say on this but my understanding is that for "powdered" trans-resveratrol it needs to be micronized to significantly improve absorption so for micronized the average particle size needs to be less than 2 µm (<0.002 mm), where standard resveratrol is 170-220 µm (0.17-0.22 mm).  It is still typically recommended to be taken with food to improve absorption.

Renue's Crystalline one is wrapped in a liposomal based formulation so resolves the absorption issue that way and has the added benefit that there is no need to take it with food.

mhoude

Post by mhoude »

Thanks for the clarification!
Bendagoros

Post by Bendagoros »

Very helpful post, thanks
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Boxcost wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:42 pm
mhoude wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:03 pm Hi,

Thanks

I am not an "expert" per say on this but my understanding is that for "powdered" trans-resveratrol it needs to be micronized to significantly improve absorption so for micronized the average particle size needs to be less than 2 µm (<0.002 mm), where standard resveratrol is 170-220 µm (0.17-0.22 mm).  It is still typically recommended to be taken with food to improve absorption.

Renue's Crystalline one is wrapped in a liposomal based formulation so resolves the absorption issue that way and has the added benefit that there is no need to take it with food.

Apologies, I miss read the question. I thought you were referring to the "LIPO" or the Liposomal version of Resveratrol from RBS and not the pure  Powder from RBS when I quickly responded, so my comparison is not correct. I had not really noted that RBS even sold it in powder format so not really looked into to it before. 

So in the end not sure sorry, some research on crystallinity I could not find anything definitive. I have seen other supplement companies promote their "micro-crystalline powder" as highly soluble in water but not clear if the RBS formulation is in micro-crystalline form and again could not find anything on the benefits of this but assume it is a similar outcome to the micronized  powders. 

We really need RBS to jump in here or if someone else has some data on the differences on the powder formulations?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic