FastingThe healthiest food: nothing

OMillsPA

Re: The healthiest food: nothing

Post by OMillsPA »

I don't believe in fasting for cleansing.  I have switched to a plant based diet and it has been wonderful.  I can eat as much as I want anytime.  I lost 22 lbs in 6 months.  Total cholesterol 149 with no meds.  Triglycerides, which shows the level of fat in the blood down to 78.  A1C at 5.0, which is fantastic and considered almost unattainable. I eat two smoothies a day.  One for breakfast, one in the early evening.  A salad every day, 4 bananas, two in each smoothie.  Frozen strawberries, wild blueberries, and cherries daily.  Spinach and cilantro in each smoothie.  Dulse, barley grass juice powder, spirulina ,true cinnamon  and OJ in the smoothies.  I also add locally grown honey in each.  Never hungry, feeling great.  Eat a normal dinner and a light lunch.  Give it a try.  The results feel great.  (Also no dairy or dairy products = no allergies)  :D

Boxcost

Re: The healthiest food: nothing

Post by Boxcost »

OMillsPA wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:43 pm  I don't believe in fasting for cleansing.  I have switched to a plant based diet and it has been wonderful.  I can eat as much as I want anytime.  I lost 22 lbs in 6 months.  Total cholesterol 149 with no meds.  Triglycerides, which shows the level of fat in the blood down to 78.  A1C at 5.0, which is fantastic and considered almost unattainable. I eat two smoothies a day.  One for breakfast, one in the early evening.  A salad every day, 4 bananas, two in each smoothie.  Frozen strawberries, wild blueberries, and cherries daily.  Spinach and cilantro in each smoothie.  Dulse, barley grass juice powder, spirulina ,true cinnamon  and OJ in the smoothies.  I also add locally grown honey in each.  Never hungry, feeling great.  Eat a normal dinner and a light lunch.  Give it a try.  The results feel great.  (Also no dairy or dairy products = no allergies)  :D

Hey OMillsPA, I posted about new science that showed bananas blocking polyphenols from berries here: viewtopic.php?t=3078

You may want to think of separating bananas and berries, I now have 2 smoothie mixes, the one with banana get limited or no foods rich in polyphenols mixed with in a smoothie.

I think I am finally nearly getting over it! 

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic