Miscellaneous TopicsCaAKG Question

Triv

CaAKG Question

Post by Triv »

Hi Everyone.

First time posting but have been lurking for some time.  I'm a 43 year old male (6'4" and 265 lbs) and started down the rabbit hole a couple years ago taking NR.  After doing some homework I've landed on a regiment of Trans Resveratrol, NMN, TMG (3 times a week), and I was taking CaAKG until recently when I got bloodwork and my calcium levels were high.  I stopped taking it and my levels fell right back down.  That is the reason for my post.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I know high levels of calcium in the blood can lead to many other detrimental health issues.  Input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

jocko6889

Re: CaAKG Question

Post by jocko6889 »

Triv wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm Hi Everyone.

First time posting but have been lurking for some time.  I'm a 43 year old male (6'4" and 265 lbs) and started down the rabbit hole a couple years ago taking NR.  After doing some homework I've landed on a regiment of Trans Resveratrol, NMN, TMG (3 times a week), and I was taking CaAKG until recently when I got bloodwork and my calcium levels were high.  I stopped taking it and my levels fell right back down.  That is the reason for my post.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I know high levels of calcium in the blood can lead to many other detrimental health issues.  Input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi and welcome, no I haven't experienced high levels of CaAKG since starting on it about 4 months ago.  It would be a shame to have to go off it as Sinclair tweeted that 7 months of CaAKG reduces bioage by 8 years.

Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I personally have been taking 2 x LIPO CaAKG 6 days a week and 1 x LIPO CaAKG on the 7th day for over a year. No issues noted with calcium levels, they have been very stable. Very strange on your end.

I also do supplement with Vitamin K2-mk7 which helps get calcium into the bones and out of your blood, maybe worth while looking into it, the only negative interaction I am aware of is with certain blood thinners. Also don't forget having your Vitamin D3 tested. Too much D3 can cause significant calcium increase if you are taking a very high dose, of course not good if too low either!

Last edited by Boxcost on Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jocko6889

Post by jocko6889 »

Boxcost wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:58 am

I personally have been taking 2 x LIPO CaAKG 6 days a week and 1 x LIPO CaAKG on the 7th day for over a year. No issues noted with calcium levels, they have been very stable. Very strange on your end.

I personally do also supplement with Vitamin K2-mk7 which helps get calcium into the bones and out of your blood, maybe worth while looking into it, the only negative interaction I am aware of is with certain blood thinners. Also don't forget having your Vitamin D3 tested. Too much D3 can cause significant calcium increase if you are taking a very high dose, of course not good if too low either!

I personally use the Liposomal Vitamin D3/K2 from Renue by Science once a day in my coffee.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic