LongevityNEW (Peter Attia) interview with Dr David Sinclair about longevity, how he takes NMN, sirtuins, metformin and resv

topdog999

Re: NEW interview with Dr David Sinclair about longevity, how he takes NMN, sirtuins, metformin and resveratrol and more

Post by topdog999 »

AlbertY wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:04 pm
jocko6889 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:39 am Regarding Oral vs Sublingual use of NMN, Sinclair says there is good in both.

m1:55 - No good answers on sublingual or not. Microbiome removes a lot of the nicotinomide from NMN and NR before it's taken up by the gut but it makes sense not to put it all through the gut. Some NMN does get through the gut. So it's messy and there's probably never going to be one single answer.
From my perspective, when you are trying to take NMN sublingual, you inevitably swallowed some as well. So you are actually doing both. It convinced me to do sublingual, it's always wise not to put all your eggs in one basket.
I will stay with sublingual avoiding the GI tract and it's irregular absorption, even though some recent studies state a new cellular carrier was found to allow NMN to cross the cell membrane. The sublingual anatomical space is highly vascularized, promoting rapid absorption in the bloodstream, i.e. nitorglycerine.

Vandevalk1

Re: NEW interview with Dr David Sinclair about longevity, how he takes NMN, sirtuins, metformin and resveratrol and more

Post by Vandevalk1 »

FitandHealthyinAZ wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm Dr. Sinclair has written extensively with respect to NMN and how resveratrol acts like an accelerator pedal for the fuel of NMN. Indeed both NMN and resveratrol are derived from grapes which has shown to work on Sirtuin genes to slow down aging. Since this spring I've been supplementing NMN and resveratrol and not sure if I should take them both at the same time? I take (5) scoops every 3 hours of NMN and (2) 500mg capsules of pure resveratrol.
Can you tell me what type of resveratrol you are taking? I'd like to find something that is more pure and a higher dosage than what I am currently taking. (I am currently taking resveratrol by Webbers which only has 25mg of resveratrol)
different

Post by different »

Metformin has some bad side-effects and there are many herbs that do a similar job much safer.

Monica at Alive By Nature doesn't think that the Resveratrol is that significant in it's benefit compared to NMN.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:17 pm
NewLifeScience wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 pm there goes metformin again. i think this is just something that is out of reach in Canada,
I haven’t had a chance to listen to the podcast yet... Can you please explain why metformin is unavailable in Canada?

Thanks!
It is available, but by prescription for Diabetics.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Guys check this article out, longevity and staying healthier longer is whats in the future... :D

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... acel.13028
JUSTME123

Post by JUSTME123 »

different wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 am Metformin has some bad side-effects and there are many herbs that do a similar job much safer.

Monica at Alive By Nature doesn't think that the Resveratrol is that significant in it's benefit compared to NMN.
Hi can you tell me what the bad side affect are please ?
Fred

Post by Fred »

JUSTME123 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:48 pm
different wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 am Metformin has some bad side-effects and there are many herbs that do a similar job much safer.

Hi can you tell me what the bad side affect are please ?
I´m not the person you asked but I know the botanical derivative and prescription drug metformin quite well. It´s a very safe medication used daily by millions of people and has been used for 60 years globally.

The main side effects are gastrointestinal, like nausea and loose stools. The microbiota changes with metformin use make these side effects go away for most people when you´ve changed your microbiota which takes some weeks. If you start slowly with 250 mg extended-release (ER, like Glucophage XR is much more tolerable) for 2-4 weeks and the up it to 500, 750 to 1000 mg gradually every 2-4 weeks you´ll be fine.

The occurrence of fatal lactic acidosis is very rare and only occurred in multi-sick people, often with decreased kidney function that makes the drug reach too high levels in the blood.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1128 ... er/details
JL777

Post by JL777 »

Manuka Honey has made its way into my cup of Earl Grey tea in the morning and I got to say its been Wonderful! it has Bee Propolis and Bee Venom in it for Joints. so far so good....... I will keep you posted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic