FastingWhen is best to take NMN, NAD+ and NAD optimizers?

FitandHealthyinAZ

Re: When is best to take NMN, NAD+ and NAD optimizers?

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

catalinaisland

Sorry for your car accident. It's crazy but true that a trauma such as that can really mess with ones system, I trust that much of the stress you've endured is now in your rearview mirror. That said, I'm not sure you're taking enough NMN to make a difference based on what Dr. Sinclair and other studies are doing. Remember this molecule is dose dependent so if you take too little you'll get no real effect. For me, I take 125mg of NMN every 3 hours, 5 times a day to achieve 625mg per day. I dose 5 days a week and take 2 days off. I also supplement each day with 1,000 mg of Resveratrol (take 500mg every 12 hours) to increase my longevity. For me, much of my weight gain is, at the end of the day a matter of math; calories burned vs. calories consumed. Do you exercise? If not perhaps you try something easy to start like riding a recumbent bike at the gym as a way to begin burning some calories and getting your heart rate elevated. Planet Fitness has a $9.00 per month special so if ya got one near ya it's an inexpensive way to begin getting a handle on the weight gain. Good luck and Godspeed to ya!

catalinaisland

Post by catalinaisland »

Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies.

I think my body did get out of balance, so maybe this’ll help. I have noticed I have had a brighter more positive outlook and part of that involved accepting more social invitations. My energy level has improved so I’ve been able socialize more. That probably has shifted my diet a bit in a short time period (more dinners out). I don’t often salt my food, and you can never tell what’s in a meal when you eat out. I’m not sure that explains it all, but I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’ve gotten said blood tests and nothing is outside of normal range in the tests you listed. One is on the high end of normal but still in normal range and there’s nothing that suggests diabetes or heart disease.

I’ll increase my water intake as I’m sure that’ll help. I’ll increase the dose slowly because I do think I’ll make more gains. I still have fatigue so my exercise program is slowly increasing. I just don’t want to overdo anything too quickly.

Thanks everyone!
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I don’t know the extent of your injuries and trauma so it is hard for anyone in here to say besides yourself what is best for you. You’re body will tell you best what is working and what is not. So definitely don’t over exert yourself.

That being said it is ok to push yourself outside of your comfort zone a little. This is when results are noticed. You need to suffer a little in order to make change. It’s your body’s way of saying, I need to get stronger so that physical stress doesn’t hurt me again.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

catalinaisland wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 am Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies.

I think my body did get out of balance, so maybe this’ll help. I have noticed I have had a brighter more positive outlook and part of that involved accepting more social invitations. My energy level has improved so I’ve been able socialize more. That probably has shifted my diet a bit in a short time period (more dinners out). I don’t often salt my food, and you can never tell what’s in a meal when you eat out. I’m not sure that explains it all, but I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’ve gotten said blood tests and nothing is outside of normal range in the tests you listed. One is on the high end of normal but still in normal range and there’s nothing that suggests diabetes or heart disease.

I’ll increase my water intake as I’m sure that’ll help. I’ll increase the dose slowly because I do think I’ll make more gains. I still have fatigue so my exercise program is slowly increasing. I just don’t want to overdo anything too quickly.

Thanks everyone!
Trauma can always upset the balance of the body, mind and soul. Hopefully you are under the care of someone that will address all three of these pillars of wellness. Balance is important and required to maintain a healthy happy life. As you recover and begin your journey to healing remember that your body will be producing a great deal of toxins. It will be important to help your body cope with the increased toxins. This can be through increased water (alkaline), exercise, food and of course NAD and precursors. Dosing your NAD can be tricky during recovery and I recommend that you seek the advice of a skilled physician. This will provide you with a treatment plan that will enhance your healing process. If you have any questions please let me know.
Pickleball101

Post by Pickleball101 »

My Pickleball play improved level from low Intermediate to mid Advanced (now) came as a result of increasing my daily dosage of
250 mg NMN with the adding of 250 mg NAD+, , with 1/2 taken within an hour before morning play, and the rest after my Brunch, for recovery.
Noting my own bodies NMN production tapers off in the evenings, shifting to production of Serotonin for sleep, I also limit these
products ingestion prior to 6PM. They have a peak effect of 4 hours after dosage, so I try to allow my body to set a natural pace and time for dosage,
trying to keep dosage times from early morning to mid afternoon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic