NutritionSkin and Collagen

Macrobian

Re: Skin and Collagen

Post by Macrobian »

The benefit of oral supplementation is that it will also increase collagen production in tendons, ligaments etc. but if you are mostly interested in combatting skin ageing on your face it makes sense to apply it topically.

NewLifeScience, another potential dietary intervention is increasing the intake of anthocyanin polyphenols from blackcurrants - this has been shown to increase the levels of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in female skin fibroblast cell line and postmenopausal rats (Nanashima 2018).

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Macrobian wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:18 pm NewLifeScience, another potential dietary intervention is increasing the intake of anthocyanin polyphenols from blackcurrants - this has been shown to increase the levels of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in female skin fibroblast cell line and postmenopausal rats (Nanashima 2018).
It looks like blueberries and raspberries are a great source as well. since winter is coming i will likely get something from amazon
JL777

Post by JL777 »

The new formulation of MNM sublingual powder took me a little while to get used to, but it isn't so bad now. I preferred the taste of old formula. more sour less sweet. I noticed they have a new CBD/NaD nasal spray I am going to try. I have been wanting to implement CBD into my daily regime now I can. thanks
Macrobian

Post by Macrobian »

CeeJayBee wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:08 pm It looks like blueberries and raspberries are a great source as well. since winter is coming i will likely get something from amazon
There are many different anthocyanidins and there is no fruit that contains all of them. Raspberries are a great source of cyanidin but they have no detectable delphinidin (which you could find in blueberries). Another anthocyanidin, pelargonidin, is found mostly in strawberries. The best (and probably the tastiest) approach would be to try to consume as many fruits containing anthocyanidins as possible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic