NMNWhich of the 7 NAD precursors do you supplement with?

Fred

Re: Which of the 7 NAD precursors do you supplement with?

Post by Fred »

I´ve read the few studies done (most sponsored by the Swedish company behind the patented extract) and I have the book on Rhodiola on my shelf here.

Unfortunately the studies are small and of poor quality (biased, non-controlled). I wouldn´t say it´s an alternative to SSRI based on the evidence at hand.

I´d say aerobic exercise is a better choice of treatment with much greater evidence of efficacy.

CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Fred wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:13 am CeeJayBee,

Serotonin syndrome has been reported with gram doses of TRP together with an SSRI. Have you looked into a very slow taper of 10% of your current dose every month? Staying on each lowered dose for 3-4 weeks seems to be the easiest way to readjust your brain to a "non-SSRI" state (if that is what you want of course).

If you´re already doing exercise or daily walking and taking a multivitamin, magnesium and fish oil then I would recommend starting l-tryptophan when you´re off the SSRI. There´s not very good evidence for l-tryptophan as a mono treatment for depression. A bit better evidence for 5-htp. But both beat placebo and I find TRP nice for sleep.
my current SSRI comes in capsule form 50mg increments so the eventual tapering is going to be extremely challenging.
I'll figure it out one way or the other
Fred

Post by Fred »

CeeJayBee wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:21 pm my current SSRI comes in capsule form 50mg increments so the eventual tapering is going to be extremely challenging.
I'll figure it out one way or the other
Some of the SSRIs are stable in water so you could open a capsule and mix it with water and store in the fridge for a week. It will be easy to gradually reduce your dose when it is in liquid form. But you need to check with a pharmacist if that is possible with your drug.

Another option is to get a microgram scale and remove powder from the capsule.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic