Healthy Aging News and ResearchEating Red Meat Increases Telomere Length

Fred

Re: Eating Red Meat Increases Telomere Length

Post by Fred »

Taytaytay195 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:50 am Interesting topic for sure. What I have gathered is that most studies done on red meat have been observational studies....
That is how nutritional research in humans when it comes to diet and cancer must be done. You can´t put people in a metabolic ward for years and feed them a controlled diet to see who gets pre-cancerous lesions in their colon or not. It has to be observational studies since cancer takes so long to develop. With supplements like creatine, you can do a pretty straight-forward human clinical trial and get results in weeks.

Taytaytay195

Post by Taytaytay195 »

Fred wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:55 am
Taytaytay195 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:50 am Interesting topic for sure. What I have gathered is that most studies done on red meat have been observational studies....
That is how nutritional research in humans when it comes to diet and cancer must be done. You can´t put people in a metabolic ward for years and feed them a controlled diet to see who gets pre-cancerous lesions in their colon or not. It has to be observational studies since cancer takes so long to develop. With supplements like creatine, you can do a pretty straight-forward human clinical trial and get results in weeks.
Again an interesting topic....
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

Fred, your passion is to be respected. Being just a regular guy who reads voraciously about the benefits and risks on what I put in my body, I've often found it to be disingenuous to link one food or food group to health problems. This is because a range of other factors — including genetics, environment, health history, stress levels, sleep quality, lifestyle, and other dietary factors — may play a role in whether or not a person develops a specific condition or disease. Putting aside the ethical and environmental arguments around the consumption of red meat, I sure do like mine medium rare with peppercorn sauce!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic