NMNDoes the Sublingual NMN interrupt fasting?

Asclepius

Does the Sublingual NMN interrupt fasting?

Post by Asclepius »

I'm curious what the calorie count is for this tablet and if anyone knows if it will interrupt your fasting? I'm currently doing the 16/8 style of fasting and trying to restrict to only two meals a day.

thoughts? :)

Newage

Re: Does the Sublingual NMN interrupt fasting?

Post by Newage »

Asclepius wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:11 pm I'm curious what the calorie count is for this tablet and if anyone knows if it will interrupt your fasting? I'm currently doing the 16/8 style of fasting and trying to restrict to only two meals a day.

If you follow my fasting protocol of not eating from 5pm until 9am (16 hours) then all food and supplements easily fit into the daily 8 hour intake window... :idea:
Asclepius

Post by Asclepius »

I find if I follow that window, i end up having 3 meals, i prefer 12 to 8 and skip breakfast entirely. Though I do miss bacon!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Asclepius wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:11 pm I'm curious what the calorie count is for this tablet and if anyone knows if it will interrupt your fasting? I'm currently doing the 16/8 style of fasting and trying to restrict to only two meals a day.

I don't think there are enough calories in the tablets to have any impact on fasting, not to mention the contents of the tablets mimic the fasting process.
Asclepius

Post by Asclepius »

Well I noticed there was "Monkfruit" extract in it, which they say is a "0 calorie" sweetener but yeah...it'd be good to hear from the source themselves, I don't mind re-timing my dosages for during my food in-take window.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Asclepius wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:27 pm I find if I follow that window, i end up having 3 meals, i prefer 12 to 8 and skip breakfast entirely. Though I do miss bacon!
Just have bacon and egg sandwiches for supper, haha! :D
Asclepius

Post by Asclepius »

^mate I know you're a true Aussie now :lol:
daviddean

Post by daviddean »

Its not only an issue about “food’s calories” but also about “sweetness of foods”, that,due to the vagal nerve stimulation, activate insulin and blocks the state of fasting…
Quote from my book on Intermittent Fasting:
https://www.amazon.com/80-20-Pareto-Die ... 361&sr=8-1
“Carbonated beverages, even a fruit, a fruit juice or a simple sugar-free candy can activate it (due to the vagal insulin stimulation given by the sweet taste). This is the main reason why during the fasting phase you should refrain completely from foods and caloric drinks, otherwise the organism's processes of lipolysis and detoxification will be obstructed.”

“NO to snacks”

No type of snack is allowed, as the stimulation of insulin, even with a candy or chewing gum, even if unsweetened, through the mechanism of vagal stimulation induced by the sensation of sweet, blocks the production of glucagon and the use of fats for energy purposes. This is why the advice to have snacks between meals is, from the point of view of intermittent fasting, only a nutritional invention that always maintains the body and the metabolism in the phase of overfeeding.

Don’t forget: stimulating insulin during the day does not allow the body to access its fat reserves. If you understand this well you will realize the importance of not having foods and drinks that are not allowed during the fasting window, and thus preventing its beneficial effects.

In my opinion, every tablet should be no only "sugar free", but alwso without any artificial sweeteners, so this will not interfere and block the fasting state for those who follow this diet regimen.
David De Angelis
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I try to stay away from all foods and drinks during my fasting. Regardless if it’s a pill or vitamin I swallow. Some say black coffee is ok but I am still a little sceptical as the verdict is out in that one.
Telluride

Post by Telluride »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:56 am I try to stay away from all foods and drinks during my fasting. Regardless if it’s a pill or vitamin I swallow. Some say black coffee is ok but I am still a little sceptical as the verdict is out in that one.
I’ll just share my little anecdote with you. I’m 47 I’ve been intermittently fasting for about eight years now. I have lost about 40 pounds since I turn 40. I just used fasting a an easy “trick” to just skip breakfast without being as hungry. It was so simple and That worked perfectly for a lot of years. I recently realized I was “technically” breaking my fast by taking vitamins and some BCAA in the morning before my gym time. (I always thought that the “fast” was simply not being “hungry“!)

So I guess what I’m trying to say is it depends on what you’re trying to do. If you’re not hungry, and you’re using fasting as a way to diet, then I would say it’s OK if it doesn’t make you hungry after you have your coffee or whatever it is you’re taking during your fast. (I found that anything more than about 80 cal, I would get super hungry within the hour)

Now, If you’re trying for autophagy, then you shouldn’t eat anything other than coffee or green tea with no additives. Coffee and green tea Are actually shown to help with Autophagy. (if you’re interested, Dr. Rhonda Patrick has done several podcasts covering this exact topic where she discusses coffee actually helping To promote autophagy.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic