SenolyticsQuercetin is Probably Not a Useful Senolytic

indigo27

Quercetin is Probably Not a Useful Senolytic

Post by indigo27 »

"Senolytic compounds are those that preferentially destroy senescent cells. Since these cells are one of the root causes of aging, there is considerable interest in finding and then quantifying the effectiveness of senolytic compounds. The known and alleged senolytics vary widely in effectiveness and quality of evidence, and quercetin is one of the more dubious examples. I don't think that anyone expects quercetin, on its own, to have a useful level of impact on senescent cells and their contribution to degenerative aging. The study here comes to the plausible conclusion that quercetin really can't achieve that goal. Yes, it is true that the 2015 mouse study of the chemotherapeutic dasatinib and quercetin demonstrated that the two together cleared more senescent cells than dasatinib alone, but synergy with other compounds is a very different story from unilateral effects. Quercetin is a widely used and extensively tested supplement compound. Any significant effect on health resulting from quercetin alone would likely have been discovered many years ago."

https://www.fightaging.org/archives/201 ... senolytic/

Longevity36

Re: Quercetin is Probably Not a Useful Senolytic

Post by Longevity36 »

I was researching this very idea. I was thinking about taking a 500 Mg dose daily of Quercetin . Quercetin (Q) paired w a chemo therapy abolishes scene-scent cells. I wonder what taking Q alone will do.
Fred

Re: Quercetin is Probably Not a Useful Senolytic

Post by Fred »

Longevity36 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:51 am I was researching this very idea. I was thinking about taking a 500 Mg dose daily of Quercetin . Quercetin (Q) paired w a chemo therapy abolishes scene-scent cells. I wonder what taking Q alone will do.
The answer is in the original post you commented to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic