LongevityInflammation, cancer and other diseases

smokinjoe

Re: Inflammation, cancer and other diseases

Post by smokinjoe »

Newage wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm
CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm it has long been my observation that inflammation is the enemy.

if you suffer chronic inflammation in a part of your body, you are in an extremely elevated risk situation to develop cancer there.

i guess i am asking some of our experts, what are the best weapons we can buy, here or otherwise to fight inflammation in our body?
I take a lot of high quality Turmeric with high levels of the beneficial active ingredients.
One of Nature’s most potent natural anti inflammatory agents... :idea:
So spicy foods, esp. curry and 20 min aerobic exercise per day?

I know from my lay-research that cortizol and catecholamines get into our blood stream during times of stress, and that running (for art least 20m) essentially bathes the blood stream of these accumulated stress hormones..

If you are running to the point you are experience endorphin release, you know this cleaning is happening.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

This is all great information for inflammation issues. There's another way to combat this by doing the hot and cold thing. Ice baths followed up with hot dry sauna. There's a lot of research out there on this method. Dr. Rhonda Patrick talks about how appling the sauna is equivalent to exercise in the cardiovascular system.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:43 am This is all great information for inflammation issues. There's another way to combat this by doing the hot and cold thing. Ice baths followed up with hot dry sauna. There's a lot of research out there on this method. Dr. Rhonda Patrick talks about how appling the sauna is equivalent to exercise in the cardiovascular system.
i have read that It is recommended that cold immersion therapy be delayed an hour or two after exercise, and to apply heat shock therapy immediately after your workout to accentuate the benefits of your workout by stressing the body a little bit more. as great as cold therapy is, it can limit the effects of your workout by reducing the lactic acid delivery to your muscles. (again, a bit of this lactic acid stress on the body is good)
I tend to do 10 minutes of cold therapy an hour before bedtime.

your thoughts?
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Vandevalk1 what you are doing is good but from what I've read they were saying to apply the hot and cold therapy either first thing in the morning or right after a workout. Some people believe just doing the hot and cold therapy 2 to 3 times per week was sufficient. As for me, I will be incorperating this into my routine soon enough.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Cold and heat therapy will begin to produce some research in the next couple years as it becomes more main stream. I have been using the cryo tanks for my cold therapy and have noticed changes in pain levels. In our athletes we have noticed decreased lactic acid and increased O2 capacity. Additionally, many have seen decreased 100m times.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

I would love to try these cryo chambers. that being said its -15 degrees C so I normally just hang out outside for 10 minutes in a t shirt. lol. I would imagine similar effects are obtained.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Actually you might just be right according to this article. Reviewing the published literature shows that ice may be just as effective as cryo chambers.

Open Access J Sports Med. 2014; 5: 25–36.
Published online 2014 Mar 10. doi: 10.2147/OAJSM.S41655
PMCID: PMC3956737
PMID: 24648779
Whole-body cryotherapy: empirical evidence and theoretical perspectives
Chris M Bleakley,1 François Bieuzen,2 Gareth W Davison,1 and Joseph T Costello3
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3956737/
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

smokinjoe wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:00 pm
Newage wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm
CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm it has long been my observation that inflammation is the enemy.

if you suffer chronic inflammation in a part of your body, you are in an extremely elevated risk situation to develop cancer there.

i guess i am asking some of our experts, what are the best weapons we can buy, here or otherwise to fight inflammation in our body?
I take a lot of high quality Turmeric with high levels of the beneficial active ingredients.
One of Nature’s most potent natural anti inflammatory agents... :idea:
So spicy foods, esp. curry and 20 min aerobic exercise per day?

I know from my lay-research that cortizol and catecholamines get into our blood stream during times of stress, and that running (for art least 20m) essentially bathes the blood stream of these accumulated stress hormones..

If you are running to the point you are experience endorphin release, you know this cleaning is happening.
So running is essentially a potent anti-inflammatory for the brain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic