NutritionProtein restriction diets for stem cell–based regeneration

Vandevalk1

Re: Protein restriction diets for stem cell–based regeneration

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Fred wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:18 am
Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am
Fred wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 pm NewLifeScience,

Yes. Autophagy and DNA-repair and stem cell based whole body tissue regeneration.
whats the longest you'd suggest to this this fast for? 7 days seems intense!
I´ve done 5 days water only = 0 kcal, 5 days of 200 kcal and 7 days of 200 kcal. They´re all doable but water only is mentally taxing. Do 5 days of 750 kcal and next time 500, then 300 and 200 if you like.
I'm up for a challenge. my girlfriend wants to do a fast, but I've advised her to do some research on it because from what I've read, an extended female fast can have some adverse effects. partially because females did not evolve the same way males did.

Fred

Post by Fred »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:08 pm I'm up for a challenge. my girlfriend wants to do a fast, but I've advised her to do some research on it because from what I've read, an extended female fast can have some adverse effects. partially because females did not evolve the same way males did.
What adverse effects? Humans can go 60 days without food until they die. We´re only talking about 5-7 days here (and WITH food).

If anything females can fast longer due to higher body fat. Humans evolved to be able to deal with famine. It has nothing to do with gender.

So no worries, you and your girlfriend can do the same fast for the same length.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Yes. Autophagy and DNA-repair and stem cell based whole body tissue regeneration.
It is really an amazing phenomenon, I will do this... after Christmas!
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Fred wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:34 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:08 pm I'm up for a challenge. my girlfriend wants to do a fast, but I've advised her to do some research on it because from what I've read, an extended female fast can have some adverse effects. partially because females did not evolve the same way males did.
What adverse effects? Humans can go 60 days without food until they die. We´re only talking about 5-7 days here (and WITH food).

If anything females can fast longer due to higher body fat. Humans evolved to be able to deal with famine. It has nothing to do with gender.

So no worries, you and your girlfriend can do the same fast for the same length.
oh ok! I was under the impression that females usually had access to food as they were not the hunters and made it back to the village on a regular basis and it was males that would be gone days at a time. But It does make sense that the whole village would go through famine when no food was available
Fred

Post by Fred »

Exactly Vandevalk1 ^^

This ancient repair and maintenance program that is activated by starvation had to protect the genetic material in both the female and the male so it is preserved in both.

Evolution did not care about gender roles here, just survival.

Great to see you questioning, reasoning on your own and discarding your previous beliefs.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

canadahealthy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:25 pm

It is pretty amazing...

we've come a long way from taking echinacea for its imaginary cold-fighting benefits :)
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

haha, same! My will to resist roast pork and crackling during Christmas time is non-existent! :lol:
Newage

Post by Newage »

OzSport wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:15 pm

haha, same! My will to resist roast pork and crackling during Christmas time is non-existent! :lol:
That’s what it is about OzSport.
Life’s balance. Living in the moment and enjoying the Xmas treats..🎅🏻☃️🍗🍤🍰
Fred

Post by Fred »

We have eradicated periods of hunger in modern society so the natural periods of starvation never comes.

Evolution had cycles of feast and famine but we eradicated that, for good and bad.

Now the balance is broken. We never activate our ancient repair and maintenance program in todays world unless we consciously decide to fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic