SenolyticsLutein

NewLifeScience

Lutein

Post by NewLifeScience »

I am considering taking Lutein, for my vision at the very least (macular degeneration runs in the family). My mother was advised to take it at the first sign, and it literally halted the progress of the disease.

Does anyone have information on whether Lutein performs other beneficiary functions? For the brain? For longevity?

Fred

Re: Lutien

Post by Fred »

Yes, lutein and zeaxanthin seem to have beneficial effects on cognition.

Possible mechanisms may be effects on systemic brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and anti-oxidant capacity, and the pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF-α, IL-6, and IL-1β.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub
Vandevalk1

Re: Lutein

Post by Vandevalk1 »

NewLifeScience wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:56 am I am considering taking Lutein, for my vision at the very least (macular degeneration runs in the family). My mother was advised to take it at the first sign, and it literally halted the progress of the disease.

Does anyone have information on whether Lutein performs other beneficiary functions? For the brain? For longevity?
How do you plan to get your lutein? supplementation?
kale, spinach, Swiss chard, and collard greens, are all high in lutein which I take every morning in a blended smoothie. egg yolks are also a great source which I take every morning too.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:38 am
NewLifeScience wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:56 am I am considering taking Lutein, for my vision at the very least (macular degeneration runs in the family). My mother was advised to take it at the first sign, and it literally halted the progress of the disease.

kale, spinach, Swiss chard, and collard greens, are all high in lutein which I take every morning in a blended smoothie. egg yolks are also a great source which I take every morning too.
200 g of ordinary frozen kale contains 19.6 mg lutein + zeaxanthin + plenty of folate and many other nutrients. Easy to incorporate into pastasauces, Indian curries or any stews and chilis. Fat increases absorption. Olive oil with turmeric and some black pepper is great.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Fred wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:47 am

200 g of ordinary frozen kale contains 19.6 mg lutein + zeaxanthin + plenty of folate and many other nutrients. Easy to incorporate into pastasauces, Indian curries or any stews and chilis. Fat increases absorption. Olive oil with turmeric and some black pepper is great.
Thanks fellas~!
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

Does anyone take a supplement for lutein?
if so, any reputable brands?
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:08 pm Does anyone take a supplement for lutein?
There is a common supplement in pharmacies called
Vitalux trhat contains Lutein. It is to prevent macular degeneration in the eyes, there are also 'no name brands...

The recommended daily dose (to fight MD) is 5mg. I think it is quite bio-available.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

CeeJayBee wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:08 pm Does anyone take a supplement for lutein?
Vitalux trhat contains Lutein. It is to prevent macular degeneration in the eyes, there are also 'no name brands...

The recommended daily dose (to fight MD) is 5mg. I think it is quite bio-available.
good to know! thanks! I may supplement with this as my eyes are on the decline!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:41 pm

I have heard Ophthalmologist compare eye tissue to brain tissue, one even going so far as to saying that Glaucoma is dementia of the eyes.

I am going to take an educated guess and say that if it is good for the eyes (like for example beta-carotine is) then it is good for the brain as well.
Vandevalk1

Post by Vandevalk1 »

NewLifeScience wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:32 pm
Vandevalk1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:41 pm

I have heard Ophthalmologist compare eye tissue to brain tissue, one even going so far as to saying that Glaucoma is dementia of the eyes.

I am going to take an educated guess and say that if it is good for the eyes (like for example beta-carotine is) then it is good for the brain as well.
more the reason to take this now! thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic