FAQsWhat is the recommended daily dosage of your products?

nettlesbe
Site Admin

What is the recommended daily dosage of your products?

Post by nettlesbe »

Recommended daily dosages of sublingual NMN and NAD+ are at least 400mg, which equates to 3-4 tablets per day at minimum (or 3-4 scoops if using PURE powders).

It is recommended to space out the daily dosages of NMN and NAD+ for optimal bioavailablity.

Roxed

Re: What is the recommended daily dosage of your products?

Post by Roxed »

Should I take days off from taking NMN? weekends?
Newage

Post by Newage »

I believe it is better to take at least one day off a week or possibly two from taking NMN.
It depends on if you are taking 4 sublingual tablets a day or the suggested maximum dose of 8 tablets. I personally take at least one day off a week on the maximum dose and sometimes two days to let the body re adjust to what is perceived as normal. In saying that I think by using NMN we have lifted the bar a lot higher to what is generally described as “ normal”.
I use the weekends as an easy to remember guide..
kcws

Post by kcws »

Are you saying 400 mg of each NMN and NAD+ per day or the combination of both? I have been reading the forums on protocols and cant get a sense of the best starting protocol. And it seems like mostly men on the forum and wondering if I should modify my protocol as I am female 5' 6" and 120 lbs.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

kcws wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:05 am Are you saying 400 mg of each NMN and NAD+ per day or the combination of both? I have been reading the forums on protocols and cant get a sense of the best starting protocol. And it seems like mostly men on the forum and wondering if I should modify my protocol as I am female 5' 6" and 120 lbs.
Yes you should modify your regimen to reach your goals. You weigh almost half of what the average man weighs so your dosage could be significantly different.
Can you say what you are trying to accomplish with NAD/NMN?
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think one reason it may be good to take a break from NMN and even NAD+ would be the same reason one would end a fast... let the body respond to the stimuli that has been generated.

If I am taking 600mg of NMN per day for an extended period, in a sense it is like i am in a prolonged fast, and it is good to take a couple days to let the body respond.

Not sure how others see this.
FitandHealthyinAZ

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

In the spirit of not wasting money or the more precious commodity of time; taking too low an amount of a supplement is where folks often get off on the wrong foot and fail to achieve their desired results. With respect to NMN, I take 6 scoops per day for a total of 750mg. I space out each scoop every 2 hours beginning at 8am and I take Thursdays and Sunday's off from my NMN intake. I also take (2) 500mg capsules of pure resveratrol per day at 1 capsule every 6 hours.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a 59 year old male, 6 ft. tall, 190lbs, 15% body fat. I eat 5 small meals throughout my day, in the gym lifting free weights 4 days per week, on a softball field 2 days per week and play basketball one day per week in addition to my part time bartending gig. I guess you could say that constant movement is a solid way to describe my days!
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes I agree with newage you should take 1 to 2 days off all supplements per week to allow the central nervous system to reboot.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Dr. Kris do you have any research showing that there should be two days off?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic