NAD+NAD+ helps Neuropathy?

Pilgrim79

NAD+ helps Neuropathy?

Post by Pilgrim79 »

Here is one thing that happened that also makes me a true believer in the effectiveness of the NAD+ powder: when I first started taking the NAD+ powder under the tongue with the scoop, I only took it 3-4 times a day. Well, I, like a lot of old people suffer a bit from “neuropathy” in my feet. At first a few years ago, my feet just lightly tingled, then turned to really tingling, and advanced to pins and needle almost pain several weeks before I started the NAD+ powder. By the end of the 2nd week of the powder NAD+, I noticed some relief in my symptoms of the foot pain pins and needles during the day, but still a lot of cramping and pain from my thighs to lower legs and feet after midnight, to the point I would have to painfully get up, walk around a bit working my way through the pain, etc., finally taking some aspirin and trying to sleep some more, to wake up a couple of hours later, with the same discomfort. This went on to the point I went to my Dr, and he thought type II diabetes given my description, ran all the blood panels and other screening tests, and gave me a clean bill of health with an “all OK” email!

A few more days of nighttime pain, but feet not hurting and tingling so much during the daytime. Then, (insert light bulb photo) I figured it out! Daytime, no pain. Nighttime, discomfort & pain! Directions on the NAD+ 12 gram bottle say take a scoop 5-7 TIMES a day. OK, I started taking a scoop at bedtime too, and again at 3 am or so. Immediately, no nighttime thigh or lower leg problems, and feet getting better each day. It is my opinion that the NAD+ was causing my body to try to fix the problem. There were notes in the research about how the old mice/rats had youthful arteries, etc after the NAD+ supplementation and the death autopsy of them. This was several months ago, and my feet continue to get better to the point where they actually feel good most of the time. And I am on them a good part of the days now. FYI, I am 79 years old. If you know some older person who has this type of problem, you might want to pass this on, especially if you love them. I may not live longer, but I am sure living better!

3/3/2021 update - Now using the Renue Age defying Serum on the bottoms and tops of my feet during the daytime, when I am also using the sublingual NMN and resveritrol.  Again seems to raise the ante in the fight against PAD.  Also, I noticed the bottom of my feet had very dry skin on them, while the rest of feet had normal to nice skin where I had been using the the regular renue.  A significant difference noticed.
11/27/2020 update - now using a full dollop of Renue on the top of my foot and then up and down my whole leg, front and back.  Then same on other leg.  Has obviously kicked healing to a new higher level - Please try this stuff out, amazing effects EVERYWHERE I’ve used it!
9/15/2020 update I believe my feet continue to heal, with more and more feeling returning to them.  I also have started applying Renue to the tops of my feet with seemingly dramatic effect starting about a week out!
5/21/2020 update from Dr regular check-up visit: All bloodwork came back excellent, A1C - 5.9, Doc says to keep doing what I'm doing! Asked about Neuropathy, I said feels better each day, which it does.
3/30/2020 update & importance of NMN: To the above original post I would add the following - that NMN is probably equally important to the healing process or more important than the NAD+ regimen. All along I have also supplemented with NMN at various levels, working my way up to a current level of over 400mg daily sublingually (Hint: stop usage by 4 pm). This supplement enters your system on a different pathway and as I understand it seems to improve your muscles and veins/arteries particularly. I am currently having great success with the LSG NMN Liposomal Sublingual Gel – 50 ml, 25 servings per bottle. Also still maintaining over 500 mg daily of NAD+ daily as the pandemic gets worse. Stay healthy, friends!
2/17/2020 update: Recently had my wellness yearly exam at 79 1/2, again all very normal in range figures, A1c down about a half point to very normal range. Neuropathy continues to improve significantly each day and since last exam. Rhemathoid Arthritis continues to get better with less joint swelling, less if any pain and better range of motion. Energy & stamina levels like I was closer to 60 than 80! Mind quite clear thanks to NAD+ nasal spray. NMN and NAD+ levels kept at last reported levels below. Thinking about a fourth career...Thank you ABN & Drdavid!
12/22/19 update: I just realized that I have never talked about my very gradual recovery from RA! I would say that over the last two years, Using NR, then NMN, and since 6/2018, NAD+,and NMN together, more recently adding Cenergy NAD+ and CBD oil nasal spray, my rheumatoid arthritis has gotten significantly better! I am at maybe 30-35% of the physical joint swelling as before starting any of these new supplements. That said, recently I have noticed an awareness of increasing sensitivity in the areas most affected (hands). Like my neuropathy, it also was increasingly tender while the damage was being repaired...I love this stuff! Flexibility has come back to a similar degree of normal.
11/29/19 update: Neuropathy positive progress continues with a regimen of Cenergy NAD+ Spray 400 mg, NAD+ powder 750mg, and NMN now at 500 mg. Recent podiatrist visit was less positive than I hoped for, but then he is not in my shoes. Noticed some leveling of benefits felt in my feet especially, so have adjusted regimen to adjust what might be slowing my progress down. Was earlier only taking 100 NMN daily, but found this at the forum on 500mg threshold of NMN topic partial quote recently (11/10/19) from Drdavid: "Ithink the current research shows that we should probably be taking both NAD and a precursor in order to get superior results. They each work on different chemical cascades and can influence physiology in different ways. Please keep this in the back of your mind as you develop your regimen."

Last edited by Pilgrim79 on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 9 times in total.

drkris69

Re: NAD+ helps Nueropathy?

Post by drkris69 »

Wow thats impressive Pilgrim!!! Yes this stuff is unbelievable isnt it.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I also think you should try some NMN as well with the NAD+ to maximize your results....just a thought.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Very impressive results. Neuropathy alters millions of lives and if NAD+ can help it could be miraculous. Your testimonial is powerful and I hope you continue to share it with thousands
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Pilgrim79 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 pm Here is one thing that happened that also makes me a true believer in the effectiveness of the NAD+ powder: when I first started taking the NAD+ powder under the tongue with the scoop, I only took it 3-4 times a day. Well, I, like a lot of old people suffer a bit from “neuropathy” in my feet. At first a few years ago, my feet just lightly tingled, then turned to really tingling, and advanced to pins and needle almost pain several weeks before I started the NAD+ powder. By the end of the 2nd week of the powder NAD+, I noticed some relief in my symptoms of the foot pain pins and needles during the day, but still a lot of cramping and pain from my thighs to lower legs and feet after midnight, to the point I would have to painfully get up, walk around a bit working my way through the pain, etc., finally taking some aspirin and trying to sleep some more, to wake up a couple of hours later, with the same discomfort. This went on to the point I went to my Dr, and he thought type II diabetes given my description, ran all the blood panels and other screening tests, and gave me a clean bill of health with an “all OK” email!

A few more days of nighttime pain, but feet not hurting and tingling so much during the daytime. Then, (insert light bulb photo) I figured it out! Daytime, no pain. Nighttime, discomfort & pain! Directions on the NAD+ 12 gram bottle say take a scoop 5-7 TIMES a day. OK, I started taking a scoop at bedtime too, and again at 3 am or so. Immediately, no nighttime thigh or lower leg problems, and feet getting better each day. It is my opinion that the NAD+ was causing my body to try to fix the problem. There were notes in the research about how the old mice/rats had youthful arteries, etc after the NAD+ supplementation and the death autopsy of them. This was several months ago, and my feet continue to get better to the point where they actually feel good most of the time. And I am on them a good part of the days now. FYI, I am 79 years old. If you know some older person who has this type of problem, you might want to pass this on, especially if you love them. I may not live longer, but I am sure living better!

An add on note: It appears that I have missed something at the ABN store: I ordered a bottle of the NAD+/AMPK Activator to supplement my NAD+ powder and memory NAD+ nasal spray regimen. I have been taking it for several days now and am hopeful. I will let you know of my experience using it in about a month or so, to see if it further helps with this condition.
My mother is 83. Up to now i have been hesitant to give her anything, simply because she takes so many medications. But i could test how NAD+ helps her with her chronic nerve pain at night. It wouldn't take too long to see if it works. She definitely is not the placebo type - so if it works I will report back,
Pilgrim79

Post by Pilgrim79 »

I found the following post today by daviddean in the NAD+ forum area:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=739

"Study on the role of NAD and its implications in pathophysiology and therapeutics for neurodegenerative disease"

In the post, additional weight and information is given that would seem to verify that at least some types of neuropothy are helped or reversed by a NAD+ regimen. About 3/4 of the way through the report: "NAD metabolism also plays an important role in axonal degeneration, a characteristic feature of peripheral neuropathy and neurodegenerative diseases."
Drdavid

Re: NAD+ helps Neuropathy?

Post by Drdavid »

Great find. Yes as more research is being done we are seeing some incredible results in regeneration of axons and nerves. This could be pivotal in treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Drdavid wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:31 am Great find. Yes as more research is being done we are seeing some incredible results in regeneration of axons and nerves. This could be pivotal in treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
I have been giving a friend (with neuropathy) NAD+ for 2 months, and he says he has reduced his pain meds by about 1/3. He is taking the nasal spray.. i think i can persuade him to order the SL NAD+ at this point.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Thank you for the story. It is always good to hear another success story with NAD/NMN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic