NMNNMN and your age

FitandHealthyinAZ

Re: NMN and your age

Post by FitandHealthyinAZ »

The study "Quantification of biological aging in young adults" https://bit.ly/38pn2Jb has confirmed what many of us already know: age is nothing but a number. The study participants, all aged 38, varied widely in biological age and those aging more quickly also looked older and reported more health problems. Examining 954 men and women, the researchers determined the biological ages of the participants to years above or below 38, which gave a range from 28 years to 61 years.

So with respect to how much NMN should you take in regards to ones age is a bit of a moot point. rhett was headed in the right direction when he said the original dosage didn't seem like enough and saw a difference when the dosage was increased. We are all unique so to be fair to your physician, one really needs to decide on a basis point for NMN dosage to start with and go from there based on how you feel. I am going to be 60 yet have looked far younger than my contemporaries throughout my life in addition to being extremely active in the gym, the ball field and the basketball court. I started at 500mg per day, 5 days a week, added another 125mg per day 60 days later and then 90 days after that, added another 125mg to find my sweet spot of 750mg per day. For a more sedentary 60 year old, my NMN experience would most likely be entirely different.

Your NMN experience should be more of a marathon and not a sprint as you find your own NMN sweet spot, so enjoy the journey and Viva Longevity!!!

Drdavid

Re: NMN and your age

Post by Drdavid »

FitandHealthyinAZ wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 pm The study "Quantification of biological aging in young adults" https://bit.ly/38pn2Jb has confirmed what many of us already know: age is nothing but a number. The study participants, all aged 38, varied widely in biological age and those aging more quickly also looked older and reported more health problems. Examining 954 men and women, the researchers determined the biological ages of the participants to years above or below 38, which gave a range from 28 years to 61 years.

So with respect to how much NMN should you take in regards to ones age is a bit of a moot point. rhett was headed in the right direction when he said the original dosage didn't seem like enough and saw a difference when the dosage was increased. We are all unique so to be fair to your physician, one really needs to decide on a basis point for NMN dosage to start with and go from there based on how you feel. I am going to be 60 yet have looked far younger than my contemporaries throughout my life in addition to being extremely active in the gym, the ball field and the basketball court. I started at 500mg per day, 5 days a week, added another 125mg per day 60 days later and then 90 days after that, added another 125mg to find my sweet spot of 750mg per day. For a more sedentary 60 year old, my NMN experience would most likely be entirely different.

Your NMN experience should be more of a marathon and not a sprint as you find your own NMN sweet spot, so enjoy the journey and Viva Longevity!!!
Well said! Many times we as humans are impatient and want results now. Our thinking tends to be more is better and many times this is not the case. Designing a program that fits your individual needs and goals is imperative for any program. Initiating slowly allows you to feel the results and fine tune the program to maximize the results.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic