Miscellaneous TopicsMethyl Donors

Fred

Re: Methyl Donors

Post by Fred »

Rob1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 am https://datapunk.net/opus23blog/2016/02 ... thyl-trap/

I do not trust traditional medicine as I have had horrible experiences with them.
Oh my. That link goes to a website developed by the quack "doctor" Peter D’Adamo who tricked thousands of people with his magical thinking "Eat right for your blood type" book.

He was a fraud and still is. He just seems to have moved on to "nutrigenomics" since he was debunked with his first diet-system.
Last edited by Fred on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob1

Post by Rob1 »

Fred wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:34 pm
Rob1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 am https://datapunk.net/opus23blog/2016/02 ... thyl-trap/

I do not trust traditional medicine as I have had horrible experiences with them.
Oh my. That link goes to a website developed by the quack "doctor" Peter D’Adamo who tricked thousands of people with his magical thinking "Eat right for your blood type"-system.

He was a fraud and still is. Just that he seems to have moved on to "nutrigenomics" since he was debunked with his first diet-system.

I will have to talk to my doctor I guess...Seems to be very conflicting from what I was told and advised. Thanks Fred for giving me a different point of view. I will work to get a clearer understanding of this because I do have MTHFR.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Rob1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:14 pm I will have to talk to my doctor I guess...Seems to be very conflicting from what I was told and advised. Thanks Fred for giving me a different point of view. I will work to get a clearer understanding of this because I do have MTHFR.
rob1, I´m happy to hear that you will take another critical look at what you´ve been told. I may come across as harsh when I write about this but that is because I think it is devastating when fraudulent quack "doctors" takes advantage of vulnerable people seeking guidance.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Fred wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:22 pm
Rob1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:14 pm I will have to talk to my doctor I guess...Seems to be very conflicting from what I was told and advised. Thanks Fred for giving me a different point of view. I will work to get a clearer understanding of this because I do have MTHFR.
rob1, I´m happy to hear that you will take another critical look at what you´ve been told. I may come across as harsh when I write about this but that is because I think it is devastating when fraudulent quack "doctors" takes advantage of vulnerable people seeking guidance.
Well said, Fred, and good luck Rob1!

Especially with the rise of "instagram influencers" coming into the fray and espousing their unfounded wellness "cures", we have to be ever more vigilant and critical when reviewing information.

There was a case in Australia of a fraudster who claimed she "cured her non-existent brain cancer through diet and alternative therapies" (https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... 10000-fine). I was so angry when I heard her story, argh! :x Here's an article about her and "wellness bloggers": https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 28571.html.

People are free to look into alternative therapies BUT I reckon they should do it with a critical and scientific eye and review the source and quality of the information at hand so that they have a well-rounded view of what they're stepping into to ensure they are safe and not being taken advantage of.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Fred wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:28 am
The followers of these non-evidence based beliefs don´t want to hear of scientific evidence. They prefer anecdotal, biased non-controlled word-of-mouth instead of using the only time-honored real truth-seeking method we have, the scientific method.
Yup, agreed! They often whip out the good old argument of: "Of course it's right, I read it on Facebook!" <sigh>
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic