NutritionAuto-Immune Conditions

canadahealthy

Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by canadahealthy »

I am just putting this out there to start some discussion. perhaps some of the medical professionals know things that i don't.

Auto-immune disorders, from psoriasis to lupus, and arthritis are difficult to treat since it is the patient's own immune system attacking their tissues.

has there been any studies on the efficacy of Sirtuins in dealing with these types of conditions?

Drdavid

Re: Auto-Immune Conditions

Post by Drdavid »

canadahealthy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am I am just putting this out there to start some discussion. perhaps some of the medical professionals know things that i don't.

Auto-immune disorders, from psoriasis to lupus, and arthritis are difficult to treat since it is the patient's own immune system attacking their tissues.

has there been any studies on the efficacy of Sirtuins in dealing with these types of conditions?
Here is a great article about this very topic.

THE ROLE OF NICOTINAMIDE ADENINE DINUCLEOTIDE IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS: POTENTIAL IMPLICATIONS FOR TREATMENT
https://www.emjreviews.com/rheumatology ... treatment/

I think that NAD may provide a major breakthrough for autoimmune disease treatment. As we learn more about how this molecule interacts with the vast chemistry cascade of the human system I think there will be a major treatment discovered. Now of course a pharmaceutical company will attach a molecule and patent it but I do think there is something there. I am currently treating a couple people with auto immune diseases for other reasons but we have noticed that since they have been on NAD they have not had any flare ups for the last 6 months, reduced joint pain and improved sleep. One patient even got pregnant and carried to term with the delivery of a healthy baby boy. She had been told that after 4 miscarriages she would never be able to carry to term. NAD and a solid nutritional and exercise plan proved otherwise.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Drdavid wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 am
canadahealthy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:13 am I am just putting this out there to start some discussion. perhaps some of the medical professionals know things that i don't.

THE ROLE OF NICOTINAMIDE ADENINE DINUCLEOTIDE IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS: POTENTIAL IMPLICATIONS FOR TREATMENT

I think that NAD may provide a major breakthrough for autoimmune disease treatment. As we learn more about how this molecule interacts with the vast chemistry cascade of the human system I think there will be a major treatment discovered. Now of course a pharmaceutical company will attach a molecule and patent it but I do think there is something there. I am currently treating a couple people with auto immune diseases for other reasons but we have noticed that since they have been on NAD they have not had any flare ups for the last 6 months, reduced joint pain and improved sleep. One patient even got pregnant and carried to term with the delivery of a healthy baby boy. She had been told that after 4 miscarriages she would never be able to carry to term. NAD and a solid nutritional and exercise plan proved otherwise.
Wow. great read. this is exactly the information i was looking for thank you.

I know someone with a very bad case of psoriasis. even though it is not necessarily a health risk, it has affected her life in a huge way, she has had a very hard time in the dating world...

and the proposed prescription treatments are downright dangerous.

i may suggest for her to try nasal NAD+ for 90 days.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

canadahealthy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 pm
Drdavid wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 am

Wow. great read. this is exactly the information i was looking for thank you.

I know someone with a very bad case of psoriasis. even though it is not necessarily a health risk, it has affected her life in a huge way, she has had a very hard time in the dating world...

and the proposed prescription treatments are downright dangerous.

i may suggest for her to try nasal NAD+ for 90 days.
Great idea and have her take pictures before she starts and then at 30 and 60 and 90 days. This will show her how will the product is working. We have found that people quickly forget how bad something was once it starts to go away
Pilgrim79

Post by Pilgrim79 »

I just realized that I have never talked about my very gradual recovery from RA! I would say that over the last two years, Using NR, then NMN, and since 6/2018, NAD+,and NMN together, more recently adding Cenergy NAD+ and CBD oil nasal spray, my rheumatoid arthritis has gotten significantly better! I am at maybe 30-35% of the physical joint swelling as before starting any of these new supplements. That said, recently I have noticed an awareness of increasing sensitivity in the areas most affected (hands). Like my neuropathy, it also was increasingly tender while the damage was being repaired...I love this stuff! Flexibility has come back to a similar degree of normal.

Update 3/12/2021:
I have found that applying Renue Transdermal Lotion liberally to the knuckles on both hands right before bedtime and waiting just a few minutes for it to be absorbed through the skin to be very helpful in managing the RA in my hand joints.  Then after washing up in the AM, switching to the same treatment using the Renue Age Defying Serum.  I now have significantly bumped up my NMN intake to the 750mg daily morning intake level, and my Resveratrol AM intake to 900mg in 3 tsp plain yogurt. Usually now mainly use Nasal NAD+ every few hours and Sublingual NAD+ powder at least once or twice a day.  Definitely a sweet spot for me at this time.

Last edited by Pilgrim79 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Great story and it is amazing that a product so simple with no side effects can bring such health benefits. These are the stories that need to be told so that millions of others may benefit.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Pilgrim79 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:31 pm I just realized that I have never talked about my very gradual recovery from RA! I would say that over the last two years, Using NR, then NMN, and since 6/2018, NAD+,and NMN together, more recently adding Cenergy NAD+ and CBD oil nasal spray, my rheumatoid arthritis has gotten significantly better! I am at maybe 30-35% of the physical joint swelling as before starting any of these new supplements. That said, recently I have noticed an awareness of increasing sensitivity in the areas most affected (hands). Like my neuropathy, it also was increasingly tender while the damage was being repaired...I love this stuff! Flexibility has come back to a similar degree of normal.
Good information. I have tried CBD and i didn't experience any pain benefits until i was into ridiculous levels (aka couldn't drive - didn't try) but your success with RA is very significant to me.

I guess one issue some people will find themselves in is trying to get their Doctors to look into this relatively novel approach.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Sometimes when the doctor wont look at a novel approach it might be time to find a new doctor. As a side note CBD can vary from one manufacture to another in quality. If you just tried one product it might be beneficial to give another vendor an opportunity.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:27 pm Sometimes when the doctor wont look at a novel approach it might be time to find a new doctor. As a side note CBD can vary from one manufacture to another in quality. If you just tried one product it might be beneficial to give another vendor an opportunity.
Yes, it is not easy to find open minded doctors especially with CBD..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic