NMNPro NMN Diet

AUKC

Pro NMN Diet

Post by AUKC »

Is there a diet that benefits NMN dosing?

Like specific foods that work in synergy with NMN to either boost production or it's benefits?

Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Fred

Re: Pro NMN Diet

Post by Fred »

Yes. Theoretically.

- Sirtuin activating foods like monounsaturated fats from olive oil, almond, seeds and avocado.

See my post: viewtopic.php?f=77&p=4682#p4682

- Resveratrol from red wine (highest in Pinot Noir).

- Regular abstinence of food until you feel hunger will activate sirtuins and raise your tissue NAD+ production.
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Thanks Fred!

Although I believe I am better off just supplementing resveratrol. Wasn't it something like 100 glasses of red wine to 1gram of resveratrol?
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Fred

Post by Fred »

AUKC wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:47 pm Thanks Fred!

Although I believe I am better off just supplementing resveratrol. Wasn't it something like 100 glasses of red wine to 1gram of resveratrol?
Yes. That and liberal use of olive oil. I use 3 tablespoons a day. That dose was heart protective along with 30 g o nuts.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Not a pro NAD dietary intervention but the other B-vitamins and perhaps vitamin C seems to support NAD-therapy according to this new NAD risk/benefit analysis review:

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1453

"Combination of supplements may be an effective method for maintaining health and increasing the beneficial effects of NAD+. For example, addition of thiamine and riboflavin to NAM therapy improved muscle function (reviewed in Prousky 2015). Addition of choline improved muscle strength by providing available methyl groups for various metabolic processes (reviewed in Prousky 2015).

Further improvements in brain health (i.e. agitation, depression and balance) have been reported with NAM therapy in combination with vitamins B1, B6 and B12 (reviewed in Prousky 2015). Marked improvements in capillary fragility have also been reported with NAM and vitamin C combinations (reviewed in Prousky 2015).
Fred

Post by Fred »

A high protein diet will decrease NAD+ levels:
Recently, our group reported a strong association between consumption of a high protein diet and a decline in NAD+ levels (Seyedsadjadi et al., 2018).
High protein intake is associated with low plasma NAD+ levels in a healthy human cohort

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... ne.0201968
AUKC

Post by AUKC »

Fred wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:18 am A high protein diet will decrease NAD+ levels:
Recently, our group reported a strong association between consumption of a high protein diet and a decline in NAD+ levels (Seyedsadjadi et al., 2018).
High protein intake is associated with low plasma NAD+ levels in a healthy human cohort

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... ne.0201968
Damn. I'm having a fairly high protein diet due to gym/putting on weight and muscle. I guess I have to accept that trade-off.
Current Dosages:
200mg Resveratrol
750mg NMN
1000mg L-Arginine
Fred

Post by Fred »

High protein intake above 0.8 g/kg is associated with a shorter life in humans (from all-cause mortality, increased cancer, diabetes, and heart disease).

"In humans, a recent study of a middle-aged population revealed that subjects with the highest protein intake (more than 20% of calories from protein) had a 75% increase in all-cause mortality and a four-fold increase in diabetes and cancer mortality [9]."

Low Protein Intake Is Associated With a Major Reduction in IGF-1, Cancer, and Overall Mortality in the 65 and Younger but Not Older Population

https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fu ... all%3Dtrue
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

AUKC wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:27 am Is there a diet that benefits NMN dosing?

Like specific foods that work in synergy with NMN to either boost production or it's benefits?
Good question. I am following this discussion with interest.
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

Fred wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:48 am Yes. Theoretically.

- Sirtuin activating foods like monounsaturated fats from olive oil, almond, seeds and avocado.

See my post: viewtopic.php?f=77&p=4682#p4682

- Resveratrol from red wine (highest in Pinot Noir).

- Regular abstinence of food until you feel hunger will activate sirtuins and raise your tissue NAD+ production.
I am a big beleiver in many oils, for their therapeutic benefit... Olive Oil and an amazing anti-oxidant, sun flower oil as an anti-angiogenic, and rice bran oil for a great type of dietary vitamin e (Tocotrienol)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic