NMNReservatrol with Piperine increasing bioavailability?

Rackflot

Reservatrol with Piperine increasing bioavailability?

Post by Rackflot »

I found a place that combines the Piperine with Reservatrol for better bioavailability
https://www.metabolicmaintenance.com/An ... -Piperine/

Here is the study that is mentioned
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21714124

This would allow a lower dosage and maybe multiples of the lower dosage throughout the day? What do you think?

Fred

Re: Reservatrol with Piperine increasing bioavailability?

Post by Fred »

Piperine increased bioavailability in mice in the study you posted. But in humans bioavailability didn´t increase with piperine in the study below, but efficacy on cerebral blood flow increased.

"The plasma concentrations of resveratrol and its metabolites were not significantly different between the treatments, which indicates that co-supplementation of piperine with resveratrol enhances the bioefficacy of resveratrol with regard to CBF effects, but not cognitive performance, and does this without altering bioavailability.

Effects of Resveratrol Alone or in Combination With Piperine on Cerebral Blood Flow Parameters and Cognitive Performance in Human Subjects: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Cross-Over Investigation

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2480487 ... from_pos=3
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I add fresh pepper in my smoothie to activate the turmeric, looking like this could also be a nice boost for reservatrol with benefits for the brain. Pepper (Piperine) is something I have added a lot more into my diet past 18 months! :D
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Great research Fred. I had not seen this before you posted it.

Here is an article for any one that is new to piperine. It will provide some basic information on why this is a great product to be in your diet.

Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;928:173-184.
Piperine and Its Role in Chronic Diseases.
Derosa G1,2,3,4, Maffioli P5,6,7, Sahebkar A8,9.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27671817
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great articles Fred and DrDavid. This is all good to hear as I love putting black pepper on everything as it is.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thank you Kris and David. I wonder why piperine doesn´t increase the bioavailability of resveratrol in humans as it does in mice though. But on the other hand, such discrepancies between animal and human studies are the norm.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Sp Piperine and fat? Put piperine in your yogurt?
Fred

Post by Fred »

smokinjoe wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:33 pm Sp Piperine and fat? Put piperine in your yogurt?
Piperine doesn't increase bioavailability of resveratrol in humans.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1511&p=5703#p5020
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

So do we have some good ideas of fat foods we could use with Resveratrol without the sugar (e.g. yogurt)?

Cottage cheese i guess? Although it has a lot of lactose.
Fred

Post by Fred »

jessicaP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 pm So do we have some good ideas of fat foods we could use with Resveratrol without the sugar (e.g. yogurt)?

Cottage cheese i guess? Although it has a lot of lactose.
My soy yogurt has no added sugar and is very low in carbs. You only need like 30-40 g for 1 g of resveratrol. And 1 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic