NAD+Rhonda Patrick talks about NR and NMN research in new video

Fred

Rhonda Patrick talks about NR and NMN research in new video

Post by Fred »

"NAD+ in Aging: Role of Nicotinamide Riboside and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide"

https://youtu.be/hggLOXhFRxc
Last edited by Fred on Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drkris69

Re: Rhonda Patrick talks about NR and NMN in new 30 min video

Post by drkris69 »

Great video, It looks like more studies are needed for NMN and NR. The one thing that concerns me is that Dr. Patrick explains how cellular senescence occurs when supplementing NMN or NR and that they cause tumorigenic processes in the cells although, she clearly states that taking NMN or NR will not cause cancer. More studies are needed on humans and we know they are underway. The subjects that were partaking in the study were on high dosages around 2.6g daily. Again great video and I recommend you guys watch this.
Telluride

Re: Rhonda Patrick talks about NR and NMN research in new video

Post by Telluride »

The way I understand it is that it doesn’t “cause” cancer but it may help cancer along if you already have a precancerous tumor. There are lots of healthy things that are also helpful to cancer.

Live a healthy lifestyle AND limit exposing yourself to carcinogens whenever you can.
Drdavid

Re: Rhonda Patrick talks about NR and NMN research in new video

Post by Drdavid »

Once again we see that more human research is needed. We see several things happen in animal models in research that do not translate over to the human physiology. Further research will provide the needed data to be able to scientifically tell people how these molecules work. Until then it is clinical stories that pave the way and that can be a bumpy ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic