NAD+Interesting : NAD seemingly resolves IBS

tamprickett

Interesting : NAD seemingly resolves IBS

Post by tamprickett »

I am a 43-year-old female that has been taking NAD for a little over a month. I've had severe constipation mixed in with occasional loose bowels my entire life. As an adult, I've had to take oxy-powder at least once a week to produce a bowel movement. Since taking NAD and NMN, I have all of sudden started having a regular/normal bowel movement once a day at approximately the same time. I did not start taking NAD and NMN for this reason. Is there any scientific reason either of these supplements could cure constipation? Just curious!

NAD 400 mg Nasal every other day or 200 mg every day
NMN 375 mg every other day sublingual

canadahealthy

Re: Interesting : NAD seemingly resolves IBS

Post by canadahealthy »

I am looking forward to the discussion on this.

I have no trouble seeing that NAD+ could reach the lining of the intestines, and if it does, would not take long to work as the cellular turnover is so high.

So, you are saying you had a diagnosis of IBS?

If it is resolved that is terrific.
tamprickett

Post by tamprickett »

I do not have a medical diagnosis of IBS. I honestly have not asked for a doctor to investigate it as I've had it since childhood, and really didn't know life to be any other way. On a side note, I had much more constipation than loose. I kept somewhat regular by taking oxy-powder at least once a week and Oxy-powder causes loose bowels. Anyway, I don't have to take it anymore. At least I haven't since starting NAD.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I havent read anything on NMN and NAD in regards to IBS. Interesting tamprickett. Lets see what the others here have to say. Glad to hear your results though.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

I have not seen any literature on IBS and NAD+ however, we do know that NAD+ does help with inflammation. That being said we could say that a large portion of IBS is the constant inflammatory condition. The main thing here is that you are doing better and that is the best result. Please let us know as you continue.
Newage

Post by Newage »

tamprickett wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:27 pm I do not have a medical diagnosis of IBS. I honestly have not asked for a doctor to investigate it as I've had it since childhood, and really didn't know life to be any other way. On a side note, I had much more constipation than loose. I kept somewhat regular by taking oxy-powder at least once a week and Oxy-powder causes loose bowels. Anyway, I don't have to take it anymore. At least I haven't since starting NAD.
Very interesting as IBS is a growing problem in my part of the world and seems it is another problem sometimes associated with modern day life styles.
Please keep us updated with your progress.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic