LongevityProtandim

Fred

Protandim

Post by Fred »

Kris69 asked for some feedback on the product Protandim in another thread so I started with some info here.

The proprietary mix of botanicals called Protandim DID extend lifespan in NIA ongoing testing protocol. But it is also owned by a multi-level marketing company.

From Wikipedia:

"Protandim is a herbal dietary supplement marketed with unsupported claims that it can treat a number of medical conditions.

The product is a patented[1] mix of five herbal ingredients and sold by LifeVantage Corporation (formerly LifeLine Therapeutics, Lifeline Nutraceuticals, and Yaak River Resources, Inc), a Utah-based multi-level marketing company.[2]

The manufacturers of Protandim claim it can prevent or cure a wide variety of medical conditions, including diabetes and cancer.[3]

In 2017, LifeVantage was issued a warning letter by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding illegal advertising claims on the company's websites suggesting that Protandim can help to cure various ailments, including cancer and diabetes.[4][5][6]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protandim

drkris69

Re: Protandim

Post by drkris69 »

Okay thanks Fred, it looks like Protandim is a scam if anything. As I said earlier in a thread, I wasnt trying to give this product a endorsment plug at all. I just wanted to know if others have heard of it and if it was worth looking into thats all. Have a good day Fred.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Absolutely kris, I wasn't implying or thinking that you advertised it at all. You were just genuinly interested. The product may have benefits, but their business practices are not to my liking.
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Unfortunately in the United States we dont have the strict policy and enforcement guidelines as other countries. This allows for many companies to advertise products and benefits that are not supported by research. On the other hand it allows new products to enter the supply chain rather easily such as NAD+ and other precursors. I do like the way the German Commission works and mandates research for products.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks guys, yes I was just interested in knowing what you thought. I had a patient bring in a bottle and that he has been on it for 6 mos and how it changed his life. I have noticed a big push on the internet claiming that it does certain things. I dont like the multi-level marketing thats behind this product. With most of these types of nutritional products, they have a couple of good ingredients in them but the guys at the top of the pyramid are making a killing selling it with false claims.
Jsmithe

Post by Jsmithe »

Thanks For Sharing all this information and if there is more changes so please Share it so that everyone can read and understand all these things.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic