Miscellaneous TopicsMetformin

Newage

Re: Metformin

Post by Newage »

Thanks OzSport.
Links show some of the positive and negative aspects of taking Metformin.
It seems the positive benefits are beginning to outweigh the negative ones being the effect when exercising and possible side effects.
Time to talk to my doctor about scripts...

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes newage I would. Ive been taking Metformin now for 8 mos only because of Dr. Sinclair's protocol. I recently had bloodwork done last week and my A1c is excellent so maybe its due to the Metformin.....LOL
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

Based on the research I am thinking of restricting metformin to days that I don't or can't for some reason exercise. Blood test next month for baseline and potentially start with metformin.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

drkris69 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:42 pm Yes newage I would. Ive been taking Metformin now for 8 mos only because of Dr. Sinclair's protocol. I recently had bloodwork done last week and my A1c is excellent so maybe its due to the Metformin.....LOL
Interesting stuff, drkris69! While taking Metformin, have you experienced any "brain fog"? I was chatting with an elderly person the other day who was prescribed Metformin due to high blood sugar (they don't have diabetes but doctors gave it to them to reduce the blood sugar levels) and they said that they had a really bad reaction to it - experienced the "brain fog" for quite some time and didn't feel like themselves.
Fred

Post by Fred »

OzSport wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:17 pm
drkris69 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:42 pm Yes newage I would. Ive been taking Metformin now for 8 mos only because of Dr. Sinclair's protocol. I recently had bloodwork done last week and my A1c is excellent so maybe its due to the Metformin.....LOL
Interesting stuff, drkris69! While taking Metformin, have you experienced any "brain fog"? I was chatting with an elderly person the other day who was prescribed Metformin due to high blood sugar (they don't have diabetes but doctors gave it to them to reduce the blood sugar levels) and they said that they had a really bad reaction to it - experienced the "brain fog" for quite some time and didn't feel like themselves.
I'm also taking metformin and reduced cognition is not a listed side effect. Actually metformin may prevent cognitive decline if animal data is any clue.

No brain fog here, to counter an anecdote with another.

Metformin increases cellular NAD+.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

No not me either Ozsport. Thats too bad maybe if you friend takes a smaller dose starting out.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Thanks for the feedback, Fred and drkris69!
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I have been taking Berberine for about 5 months now. I can tell it 'equalizes' my sugar levels.

I may wait a while before asking my doc for metformin... only because he is 700 km away and we are on lock down. I guess I have been stalling, but i think Berberine serves a similar if not as effective purpose.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic