Miscellaneous TopicsFighting COVID-19 with metformin, rapamycin and NAD precursors: new paper published

rhett

Re: Fighting COVID-19 with metformin, rapamycin and NAD precursors: new paper published

Post by rhett »

Wow, I did not expect nmn to be proposed directly.
Drdavid

Re: Fighting COVID-19 with metformin, rapamycin and NAD precursors: new paper published

Post by Drdavid »

Great article! We need more of these type articles to be published that promote this type of therapy. Protecting those that get the virus is paramount and there are many products that could help do this if the public would be informed.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great article as I just read it. I would like to one day try this Rapamycin and hopefully, it will one day be readily available.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Geroprotective and senoremediative strategies to reduce the comorbidity, infection rates, severity, and lethality in gerophilic and gerolavic infections

https://www.aging-us.com/article/102988/text
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

i'd worry if this is all we have to fight this virus.

We need targeted solutions for inflammation storm - i.e. reducing the chaos in the lungs.

I believe in NMN and NAD+ for my longevity program, and perhaps a general immune booster, but i am not going to spend energy looking at it as a promising treatment for a brand new virus.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

The bottom line is the virus overwhelms the immune system, in a fully loaded immune system i.e. young healthy person the natural human immune system seams to be able to kick COVID-19's butt!

NMN and NAD+ as NAD boosters give your immune system more fuel to fight the fight so that's a good thing. It works for me as since on NMN and NAD+ (plus a short list of what was missing in my diet) from June last year I have not gotten sick, more energy, deeper better sleep, mentally sharper, exercise easier, better recovery from exercise + in combination from other targeted supplements or diet tweaks my head hair is slowly growing back (Brocooli sprouts + hydrolyzed collagen), greying of hair stopped - overall I feel great!

I do believe it is a total package or say over all health that defeats this piss ant little virus that a sub-20 year old human barely gets a sniffle from. I mean the total package of Diet, Sleep, Exercise, Purpose, Supplements, etc - a lot of people have unfortunately been caught complaisant out of balance from optimal health.

There are so many ways to fight this virus, multiple choice if you want to get busy in the fight with overall health, this is one I am convinced should be a mandatory food for everyone is broccoli sprouts (I use a powder, capsules when on the go, in combination with fresh sprouts I grow) for more “Sulforaphane”, check out: Dr Rhonda Patrick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg

This is a good summary I found with relevance to lung protection (covid-19 defense) and flu virus:
https://www.naturalhealthnews.uk/immuni ... event-flu/
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

As we continue to deal with this virus worldwide we continue to see novel approaches to the treatment of this virus. It appears we are about 12-18 months away from a vaccine and there are several promising drugs that seem to treat some of the issues associated with the virus. We have seen ascorbic acid as a treatment for the cytokine storm that is present in some of the cases. Treatment for this virus is still being developed and I can only recommend that you attempt to eat healthy, stay well hydrated, cover your face and eyes when in crowds, wash your hands frequently and take the supplements you find are helpful for you.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Yes I concur with DrDavid, continue to wash your hands and cover the face. If possible wear gloves when going to grocery store and remember to wipe down everything bought at the store once you take everything out of the bags. Stay safe!
jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

yeah, i am of the thought to just stay the course, maybe taking more Vitamin C, D than normal.

but i am not taking this stuff to fight a virus, i am taking it so i can talk about it with my great-great-grandchildren. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic