NAD+Anxiety patient take NMN or NAD+?

yyz1112

Anxiety patient take NMN or NAD+?

Post by yyz1112 »

I am 46 years old, weight 72kg. I have been suffering from anxiety disorders for several years. I take EFEXOR XR for this disease, 150mg/d. I also take clonazepam or lorazepam 1mg/d for sleeping. I often feel tired in the afternoon. Two weeks ago I decided to withdraw the benzodiazepines, so I started to take CBD oil, 100mg/d. It seems to be effective. Now I take lorazepam 0.5mg/d. I want to further improve my sleep and boost my energy. Can I take NMN or NAD+? Which one is fit for me? How much dose should I take? Is it a problem if I take EFEXOR XR, CBD oil, NMN or NAD+ together?

Newage

Re: Anxiety patient take NMN or NAD+?

Post by Newage »

I’m not sure about drug interaction but one of the ABN Nasal Sprays includes the oil.
If you have anxiety issues, personally I would not take NMN as in some people it seems to increase anxiety levels much like caffeine. Any stimulant effect could enhance the “wired feeling”.
On the other hand NAD+ does not seem to have that effect at all, much more passive.
Be guided by the (ABN) NAD+ bottle directions.
I would start with the minimum dose and increase 1 Sublingual Tablet per week up to the maximum dose over the period of two weeks.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I don´t know about anxiolytic effects but NMN had an antidepressant effect in this mouse study. Any stimulant or caffeine-like effect of NMN was not reported in the human safety study published. But when we get another human study on NMN published with more than a single dose perhaps this side effect will be shown (or disproven).

Nicotinamide mononucleotide ameliorates the depression-like behaviors and is associated with attenuating the disruption of mitochondrial bioenergetics in depressed mice
NMN administration alleviated depression-like behavior and the liver weight to body weight ratio in a mouse model of CORT-induced depression. Transcriptome and metabolome analyses revealed that in depressed mice, NMN reduced the mRNA expression of genes involved in fatty acid synthesis, stimulation of β-oxidation and glycolysis, and increased production of acetyl-coenzyme A for the tricarboxylic acid cycle.

Importantly, NMN supplementation increased NAD+ levels to enhance sirtuin (SIRT)3 activity, thereby improving mitochondrial energy metabolism in the hippocampus and liver of CORT-treated mice. Sirt3knockdown in primary mouse astrocytes reversed the effect of NMN by inhibiting energy production, although it did not affect NAD+ synthesis

Limitations: Group sample sizes were small, and only one type of primary mouse cell was used

Conclusion: These results provide evidence for the beneficial role of NMN in energy production and suggest that
therapeutic strategies that increase the level of NMN can be an effective treatment for depression
https://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/10.1 ... 019.11.147
Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Here is a small study that saw very slight changes in anxiety levels between the placebo and trial group.
Rev Clin Esp. 2010 Jun;210(6):284-8. doi: 10.1016/j.rce.2009.09.015. Epub 2010 May 5.
[Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH) in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome].
[Article in Spanish]
Alegre J1, Rosés JM, Javierre C, Ruiz-Baqués A, Segundo MJ, de Sevilla TF.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20447621

Currently we do not have data on interactions between NAD and antidepressants.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Cool, I was wondering about if NAD had an effect on anxiety. Thanks for the article.
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

Hey yyz1112,

Whatever you do, don't cut your benzos so fast! Benzos must be weaned off incredibly slowly, over many months. Most people need to use a jewellers scale or water titration method to remove 0.01 - 0.05mg at a time for clonazepam/lorazepam. By cutting so fast, you could end up with severe panic attacks and other horrific withdrawal symptoms that have nothing to do with taking NAD+ supplements.

Have you been on Benzo Buddies? There are many discussions there with people who are using NAD+ IV therapy to make their benzo withdrawal more tolerable.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php
yyz1112

Post by yyz1112 »

Thank you all.
JamesD, I don't live in the US, so I can't use the NAD+ IV therapy. I will carefully deal with the benzos withdrawal.

Yesterday I started to take NAD+ Sublingual Tablet. I took the first tablet at 11:40am, and the second at 2:40pm. At 11pm I took 150mg (the largest dose recommended for insomnia) CBD oil and 0.5mg lorazepam before going to bed. But I was not sleepy at all. I don't know when I fell asleep. I woke up at 4am and couldn't sleep again. Is this the effect of NAD+?

Should I persist on taking NAD+ and increase the dose of lorazepam, or stop taking it until weaning off the benzos completely?
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I also take benzos (20+ years)... I notice a bit of stimulation from NAD+ but it is only for maybe 15 minutes. The only adjustment i had to make with NMN is not to take it after supper as it can give one vivid dreams.

Personally I think NMN has reduced my anxiety almost from the beginning, there is an upbeat feeling.

I wouldn't make any change to your benzos until you are ready, and I honestly don't see NMN or NAD+ having much of an effect in the long run in any negative way.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I would just avoid taking NMN after supper (to avoid wierd dreams).

If anxiety is a major issue for you, NAD+ is defnitely a stimulant, and you might want to tread lightly with it at first.

I would recommend NMN + resveratrol as part of an anti-aging regimen. I also think once you have been taking NMN for a while, you will find you are sleeping better.
JamesD

Post by JamesD »

If you've recently lowered your benzo dose, you can't possibly know exactly what might be interfering with your sleep. Insomnia and sleep disturbances are the most common benzo withdrawal symptoms.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic