Miscellaneous TopicsDr. Sinclair on: NAD, resveratrol, fasting, and COVID-19

Fred

Dr. Sinclair on: NAD, resveratrol, fasting, and COVID-19

Post by Fred »

Dr. David Sinclair is one of the worlds leading experts on resveratrol and NMN.

From professor David Sinclairs newsletter released yesterday:
"Many people have asked me, “does NAD boosting or resveratrol work?” The answer is we don’t know. Lives are at stake here. In cell culture, resveratrol does counteract numerous viruses, including MERS, SARS-1, and HIV. Whether or not it works in the human body to slow viruses hasn’t been tested, but it’s relatively safe and I continue to take it while I’m safe at home.

As for NAD, it’s plausible, but again we have no human data. NAD may increase the prevalence of the ACE2 that the virus uses to enter cells. But again, we just don’t know.

My advice to a friend was to get in the best physical and mental shape these next couple of months:

-Maintain cardio fitness, which will increase capillary and red blood cell counts. Lift weights if possible. Move.

-Don’t be low in iron but also don’t overdose.

-Keep taking your medicines unless an MD says to stop.

-Eat less often during the day. I skip at least one meal, usually breakfast, and eat sensibly at other meals.

-Avoid super intense exercise or long-term fasting.

-Take 2500 - 5000 IU of vitamin D3 a day, which doctors say keeps your immune system in good shape.

-Keep blood sugar levels in check by avoiding sugar and processed grains.

-Focus on plants. Meats should include fish, preferably on the low end of the food chain to avoid heavy metals.

-Eat colored plants, either fresh or snap-frozen, and don’t overcook them. They contain xenohormetic molecules that activate cell defenses.

-Include nuts, avocado, and olive oil in your diet. Oleic acid from these foods will activate SIRT1, the defense enzyme, the same way resveratrol does (fasting also liberates oleic acid from fat stores).

-Keep humidity up in the home to maintain airway health and mucus. If your house isn’t humidified, get a humidifier for the bedroom.

-Turn off breaking news channels. Read a book. Listen to a podcast. Make something.

-Get sufficient sleep. Consider L-theanine. Avoid screens at night. Avoid big meals and alcohol near bedtime. Download f.lux software to dim the screens. If you use your phone in bed, wear blue-light blocking glasses."

My commentary: I would not take more than 2000 IU of vitamin D for any protracted length of time without measuring actual levels of activated vitamin D in the blood. There is a sweet spot for vitamin D where too little and too much are both associated with a shorter lifespan.
Last edited by Fred on Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

OzSport

Re: Dr. Sinclair on: NAD, resveratrol, fasting, and COVID-19

Post by OzSport »

That's some good advice, Fred! All reasonable and very doable.

I try to get some sun each day as well, which can easily be done even in these times of social distancing. I just stand outside of my front door for a bit, and I just soak in the sun and fresh air. :D
Fred

Post by Fred »

OzSport wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:09 am That's some good advice, Fred! All reasonable and very doable.
All the text is quoted from David Sinclair's newsletter. I have made it clearer now. So it is his advice.

I agree on everything but the 5000 IU of vit D suggestion. It is too much for all but the obese population. Too high levels of vitamin D in the blood is associated with greater mortality.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:21 am
OzSport wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:09 am That's some good advice, Fred! All reasonable and very doable.
All the text is quoted from David Sinclair's newsletter. I have made it clearer now. So it is his advice.

I agree on everything but the 5000 IU of vit D suggestion. It is too much for all but the obese population. Too high levels of vitamin D in the blood is associated with greater mortality.
Cheers, Fred - thanks for making it clearer! Good to know about the vitamin D information, I did not know that until now. :)
RobSmith

Post by RobSmith »

Fred wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:21 am

Thanks for this really important advice Fred, which logically speaking, given the sun on the skin creates vitamin D no-one would think it possible that the body could overdose on it. So not only does too much sun cause DNA damage but for those having supplements it therefore could give you too much vit D that is good for you. 5-10 mins at most in direct sunlight and a low dose supplement probably is the best way to go. (I take 400 IU of Vit D and double that on days when I don't see the sun at all - hopefully that is a good amount).
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Impressive.

It really is a primer for getting your body in a top state to fight a possible illness. Not everything on this list are thing i would do forever, but these all seem like reasonable options to me
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Here's a video on someone averaging the cost of Dr. Sinclair's longevity stack. The only differences that he uses in this cost is he is using Berberine instead of Metformin and he is using a sub-par brand of NMN which in my opinion skews the whole stack that he is presenting. But this gives you an idea of what people are doing out there in Youtube world. :roll:

https://youtu.be/CM44cbXWIXg
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

Fred wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 pm Dr. David Sinclair is one of the worlds leading experts on resveratrol and NMN.

From professor David Sinclairs newsletter released yesterday:
"Many people have asked me, “does NAD boosting or resveratrol work?” The answer is we don’t know. Lives are at stake here. In cell culture, resveratrol does counteract numerous viruses, including MERS, SARS-1, and HIV. Whether or not it works in the human body to slow viruses hasn’t been tested, but it’s relatively safe and I continue to take it while I’m safe at home.

As for NAD, it’s plausible, but again we have no human data. NAD may increase the prevalence of the ACE2 that the virus uses to enter cells. But again, we just don’t know.

My advice to a friend was to get in the best physical and mental shape these next couple of months:

-Maintain cardio fitness, which will increase capillary and red blood cell counts. Lift weights if possible. Move.

-Don’t be low in iron but also don’t overdose.

-Keep taking your medicines unless an MD says to stop.

-Eat less often during the day. I skip at least one meal, usually breakfast, and eat sensibly at other meals.

-Avoid super intense exercise or long-term fasting.

-Take 2500 - 5000 IU of vitamin D3 a day, which doctors say keeps your immune system in good shape.

-Keep blood sugar levels in check by avoiding sugar and processed grains.

-Focus on plants. Meats should include fish, preferably on the low end of the food chain to avoid heavy metals.

-Eat colored plants, either fresh or snap-frozen, and don’t overcook them. They contain xenohormetic molecules that activate cell defenses.

-Include nuts, avocado, and olive oil in your diet. Oleic acid from these foods will activate SIRT1, the defense enzyme, the same way resveratrol does (fasting also liberates oleic acid from fat stores).

-Keep humidity up in the home to maintain airway health and mucus. If your house isn’t humidified, get a humidifier for the bedroom.

-Turn off breaking news channels. Read a book. Listen to a podcast. Make something.

-Get sufficient sleep. Consider L-theanine. Avoid screens at night. Avoid big meals and alcohol near bedtime. Download f.lux software to dim the screens. If you use your phone in bed, wear blue-light blocking glasses."

My commentary: I would not take more than 2000 IU of vitamin D for any protracted length of time without measuring actual levels of activated vitamin D in the blood. There is a sweet spot for vitamin D where too little and too much are both associated with a shorter lifespan.
An excellent approach. Especially avoiding the news... which is monotonous, stress-producing and fully branded.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic