Yes, Fred is no longer posting here.

drkris69

Re: Paper questions senolytic use due to telomeres

Post by drkris69 »

Thanks for the update jocko.
rhett

Post by rhett »

My understanding is that telomere length isn't a one way street. Telemeres can grow depending on their environment. This is completely hypothetical, but it's entirely possible that removing senescent cells would result in new cells with longer telomeres than the cells they divided from. Definitely something to look into, but I'm not convinced that it's a given removing senescent cells necessarily shortens telomeres.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

rhett wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:21 pm My understanding is that telomere length isn't a one way street. Telemeres can grow depending on their environment. This is completely hypothetical, but it's entirely possible that removing senescent cells would result in new cells with longer telomeres than the cells they divided from. Definitely something to look into, but I'm not convinced that it's a given removing senescent cells necessarily shortens telomeres.
I agree, and reading both of these articles, WOULD lead one to think it is possible that removing senescent cells results in shorter telomeres. right? It is just that i really didn't see citations that backed it up. I just don't trust my older brain to track it all.

So i keep nudging this forum to do the heavy lifting for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic