NAD+Coronavirus infection dysregulate the NAD Metabolome

AlbertY

Coronavirus infection dysregulate the NAD Metabolome

Post by AlbertY »

Here is a new study by Charles Brenner.

In short, Coronavirus infection will deplete cellular NAD, and NR supplementation ameliorate that.
Here we show that SARS-CoV-2 infection strikingly dysregulates the set of genes involved in consumption and biosynthesis of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). Highly induced genes include those encoding noncanonical poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) family members known to function as mono ADP-ribosyltransferases but not known to deplete cellular NAD and genes encoding enzymes for salvage NAD synthesis from nicotinamide (NAM) and nicotinamide riboside (NR). We demonstrate that overexpression of PARP10 is sufficient to depress NAD levels and that the enzymatic activities of PARP10, PARP12 and PARP14 are limited by and can be enhanced by pharmacological activation of NAM salvage. We further showed that infection with the β-coronavirus murine hepatitis virus (MHV) induces a severe attack on host cell NAD+ and NADP+. Finally we show that NAMPT activation, NAM and NR dramatically decrease replication in a MHV infection model that is sensitive to PARP activity. The data show that the antiviral activities of noncanonical PARP isozyme activities are limited by their own consumption of cellular NAD and that nutritional and pharmacological interventions to enhance NAD-based defenses may boost innate immunity.
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 7.047480v5

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
Drdavid

Re: Coronavirus infection dysregulate the NAD Metabolome

Post by Drdavid »

This is very interesting to see in print. We saw the effects of NAD+ on the front line workers and knew clinically that it worked. Now this shows some research behind it. I do find it interesting that PARP10 is involved.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I dunno...

If you get it. Of course you want to be at maximum levels of your health kit.

But we want either a vaccine or a plasma treatment.
Newage

Post by Newage »

Drdavid wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:20 pm This is very interesting to see in print. We saw the effects of NAD+ on the front line workers and knew clinically that it worked. Now this shows some research behind it. I do find it interesting that PARP10 is involved.
I will certainly be keeping my own levels of NAD+ at a premium level with heightened diligence during these unsettling times.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Great article and one that I will be showing patients why in these times they need to keep their NAD levels up. Thanks..
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:42 am Great article and one that I will be showing patients why in these times they need to keep their NAD levels up. Thanks..
It seems that NAD+ is becoming in its own right a form of an “adaptogen” that may help us deal with physical and mental stressors.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Its certainly becoming the "go to" in the vitamin box when you're out of sorts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic