NMNWhat's your NAD? How do you test?

Roman

What's your NAD? How do you test?

Post by Roman »

Hi
So you spend your money on NMN but how do you really know if it's working or not?
Answer (according to the theory): you get your NAD levels tested before and after use and hopefully your NAD levels have returned to youthful levels.

But how do you get your NAD levels tested?
I asked my local doctor, and called a pathology lab for a NAD assay but they said they didn't offer it. Has anyone actually found a way to get NAD levels tested?

As much as I'd like to believe it works, I want to at least know if it's doing what it's supposed to be.

Thanks

Silentecko

Re: What's your NAD? How do you test?

Post by Silentecko »

I also am in search of a way to test this. I’ve purchased a bottle of NMN and would like to get tested before I start taking any of it. I’m in the Dallas/Ft Worth area but will be moving to Austin TX here shortly. Thanks.
MarcusL

Post by MarcusL »

Have the same question. Anyone here from Asia. Are there places in Asia to do the testing. Thanks
nettlesbe
Site Admin

Post by nettlesbe »

There are no commercial providers of NAD+ testing.

We are working to provide this service at our NAD+ injection clinic in Ponte Vedra Beach Florida later this year, but the start date is not yet firmed up

https://alivebynature.com/clinic/
chayes88

Post by chayes88 »

admin wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:43 am There are no commercial providers of NAD+ testing.

We are working to provide this service at our NAD+ injection clinic in Ponte Vedra Beach Florida later this year, but the start date is not yet firmed up

https://alivebynature.com/clinic/
I'm from this area! Definitely getting my levels tested next time I go visit family
topdog999

Post by topdog999 »

Yes, there does not seem to be commercially available tests in the USA currently, I asked my family M.D. same question and he was not aware of any. They are determining levels in laboratory studies, a recent article published in 7/5/19 in Scientific Reports concerneng safety of Niagen (nicotinamide Riboside) The study was able to measure blood and urinary MeNAM levels, a form of NAM produced in the liver which this study considers one of the biomarkers of increased NAD+ metabolism. NAM is a metabolite precoursor in the replenishment pathway for NAD+.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

I think it would be very difficult to measure this (NAD levels), and even to know if there are (or not) hourly or daily fluctuations.

It could be compared to people who take a certain type of anti-depressant, and SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and see if your Serotonin levels increase - there is no such test.

So you need to research the researchers. I was actually stunned when Dr. Sinclair came right out and said he consumed NMN every day. He is not a sales rep for NMN; he is just a guy who has spent over 20 years researching diet exercise and aging, and beginning with Resveratrol (research that has almost universal recognition) has made these huge discoveries.

I have taken Nasal NAD+ for 2 months, after doing my own homework, and i am not going to pretend i didn't make a leap of faith, although it is more of an educated guess-based move. There are certainly no bad effects, and if i didn't know any better, I'd say i am feeling generally better, and have even lost a bit of weight. But this is not a short term program, this is really about life extension to me.

Resveratrol and NMN are two things that i am willing to take based on what i have read and watched.
Newage

Post by Newage »

It can be as simple as how you felt before you started and and how you now feel after taking NMN for a period of time. Personally, after 4 months on Alive By Nature’s NMN I now feel Like the clock is slowly but surely beginning to reverse. Combined with intermittent fasting, exercise, calorie restriction and a positive outlook I now feel a fraction of my age.
My real age is rising 70.
As I said in a previous post, I run 100 meters in just under 14 seconds so something is having a dramatic influence on helping the body perform at this level at a later stage in life. Genetics play a big part but I don’t believe any placebo effect could initiate the changes that I am experiencing. I’m looking forward to where this journey takes me..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic