LongevitySinclair: oleic acid is 10 to 100 times more potent than resveratrol

CeeJayBee

Re: Sinclair: oleic acid is 10 to 100 times more potent than resveratrol

Post by CeeJayBee »

I agree, I must have missed this.

This stuff is even extremely highly recommended in the bible, so how about that?

Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Review

Mini Rev Med Chem
  •  
  •  
  •  
. 2013 Feb;13(2):201-10.An overview of the modulatory effects of oleic acid in health and diseaseHelioswilton Sales-Campos 1Patricía Reis de SouzaBethânea Crema PeghiniJoão Santana da SilvaCristina Ribeiro Cardoso
Affiliations expand
  • PMID: 23278117
AbstractEvidences in the last years have showed the effects of oleic acid (OA) in human health and disease. Olive oil, rich in oleic acid, is supposed to present modulatory effects in a wide physiological functions, while some studies also suggest a beneficial effect on cancer, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, besides its ability to facilitate wound healing. Although the OA role in immune responses are still controversial, the administration of olive oil containing diets may improve the immune response associated to a more successful elimination of pathogens such as bacteria and fungi, by interfering in many components of this system such as macrophages, lymphocytes and neutrophils. Then, novel putative therapies for inflammatory and infectious diseases could be developed based on the characteristics presented by unsaturated fatty acids like OA. Finally, the purpose of this work was to review some of the modulatory effects of OA on inflammatory diseases and health, aiming at high lightening its potential role on the future establishment of novel therapeutic approaches for infections, inflammatory, immune, cardiovascular diseases or skin repair based on this fatty acid mainly found in the Mediterranean diet.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

CeeJayBee wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:27 pm I agree, I must have missed this.

This stuff is even extremely highly recommended in the bible, so how about that?

well it has been known for centuries to be healthy to use. And we are still finding out why.

Pretty amazing stuff.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Olive oil is really some amazing stuff, just make sure that you are buying a good quality oil. One way to check if you have a good olive oil is to put it in the fridge over night and the next morning take it out look for the oil to appear cloudy. This is one way to verify that its good! :D

ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

I think that the odd person who has issues with Resveratrol (i have heard or rare side effects, like headaches, insomnia) can take Olive Oil.

Oton

Post by Oton »

So why not take just olive oil or high oleic sunflower oir instead resveratrol?? 

Here, in Spain, most people takes olive oil everyday. 

Newage

Post by Newage »

Oton wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:05 pm So why not take just olive oil or high oleic sunflower oir instead resveratrol?? 

Good point.
I have cut back on Resveratrol and proportionally increased my daily intake of Olive and Sunflower Oils along with at least a punnet of Blueberries per day..

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Oton wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:05 pm So why not take just olive oil or high oleic sunflower oir instead resveratrol?? 

THis is likely one of the major healthy components of the mediterranean diet that is responsible for longevity over there.

But you need the NAD+ optimisers like NMN or even NAD+ to really get the benefit.
OzSport

Post by OzSport »

canadahealthy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:33 am

THis is likely one of the major healthy components of the mediterranean diet that is responsible for longevity over there.

But you need the NAD+ optimisers like NMN or even NAD+ to really get the benefit.

Great points, canadahealthy!  
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic