LongevityStatins: Are there natural forms of statins?

jessicaP

Re: Statins: Are there natural forms of statins?

Post by jessicaP »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:38 am Ive been taking red yeast rice with niacin at the dose of 2400mg RYR, and 1000mg Niacin and been able to bring my cholesterol down from 284 to 186 in a matter of 6 mos. so I know personally that this combo works. Thanks for the post everyone.

So you are taking a gram of regular Niacin daily. I will look for a source, but i do recall that Niacin, while it can be a precursor to NAD+ can also work in an opposite manner if there is too much in someone's metabolism.

I am sure you are more studied on this matter than myself, it is just that once i read that study, i now only take Niacin once a week or so.

This isn't the post i was referring to, but it looks like an "it depends" scenario... as in, it depends on  what your levels of NAD are... etc..

https://alivebyscience.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1419&p=4483&hilit=niacin#p4483

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

So just a follow up to your question on the RYR and Niacin, now that my cholesterol is under control I now only take 1200mg of RYR and 500mg niacin. I also take NMN 1g daily for 5 days and 2 days off. I get a complete blood panel done every 6 mos due to having UC, so Im able to check my levels and make adjustments along the way. :D

Drdavid

Post by Drdavid »

Blood work is a cheap expense for all the information that it provides.  
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Drdavid wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:56 pm Blood work is a cheap expense for all the information that it provides.  

You are correct.

Here is a question. If your cholesterol levels are good, and your triglycerides are good, should one then NOT take statins, even though they seem to be one of those things that add to your life span?
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

drkris69 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:33 pm So just a follow up to your question on the RYR and Niacin, now that my cholesterol is under control I now only take 1200mg of RYR and 500mg niacin. I also take NMN 1g daily for 5 days and 2 days off. I get a complete blood panel done every 6 mos due to having UC, so Im able to check my levels and make adjustments along the way. :D

Excellent. I read elsewhere that you may look at Reishi to add beta-glucans to your system. It would be wonderful if it calmed things down considerably with your UC. 

I wonder if UC comes from an incident (viral, bacterial) in the intestines or perhaps a gene expression (just wondering aloud, have no idea).

I know that I used to take codeine for pain... which causes constipation...  eventually when i stopped I could not eat dairy for a long time without explosive consequences. But it did eventually clear up. 

I know UC is no picnic. Best of health to you.
drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

UC seems to be more prevalent in Jewish decent. Im Jewish so I guess Im stuck with UC. Within the next couple of months I plan on having Stemcell treatment done. 4 to 5 cc IV route, Ive read in medical journals where people with UC had this done and were healed afterwards. Its worth a try. :idea:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic