ExerciseBack on the treadmill again

Newage

Re: Back on the treadmill again

Post by Newage »

jessicaP wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:35 pm
Newage wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:13 pm Two consecutive days minimum per week of strict intermittent fasting ( only 1meal with no more than 2000 kilojoules at about 5 pm ) combine it with 10/15 mins of cardio exercise daily and you will have the flat belly that you wish for. It’s not easy to do but “strong mind, flat belly”.    🤔

I can do that fast... Some people never really get much of a belly. Certainly losing it is much  harder than first getting it. :)

Why not give it a go jessicaP.
I guarantee a minimum of 4 kilograms or better
weight loss in the first month if you strictly stick to it and eat healthy for the other 5 days of the week.
Only water or black tea in the 2 day fast outside of your 2000 kilojoules meal...
You will get a pleasant shock with the results.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

I can testify to this. Ive been doing fasting a couple of days per week now for 8 mos and I went from 248 down to 210. Im 6'1" and now in my fighting shape! :D

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I've added another step to my treadmill run. This was how i worked in another 5 minutes.

Typically i start at 2.5 miles per hour, increasing by 0.1 mph every 30 seconds for 20 minutes up to 6.5 mph, hold for 5 minutes, then start a decline of 0.1 mph every 20 seconds down to 3.5, while slowly increasing the incline, hold for 5 minutes, then i lower the incline for 2 minutes, then gradually go down to 2.5 for another 5 for cool down and then slowly down to 1mph when i stop...

This is what i inserted

What i do now is wait until i am down to 3.5 mph (5.6 kmph), cool down for 2 minutes, then shoot back up to 5.5 mph (8.8 kmph) for a minute, down to 5mph for another, 4.5, 4, and then back to 3.5 mph again for a minute.. so it is another rev up then a final cool down.

I think that extra five minutes may translate into an extra couple pounds per month.

This is not a super strenuous run, but i don't want to over do it during a pandemic and this still proves to be aerobic for me.

Anyway  it feels great.

Newage

Post by Newage »

Adding new small changes and different intervals to the program helps with the (sometimes) monotony of the treadmill.
Every kilojoule burned helps with the weight loss quest.
The speed on a treadmill always seems faster than the same speed when running on the road or track.
ChrisBON

Post by ChrisBON »

Wow, so about 5 pounds per month. While you build muscle, which is heavier than fat.. so possibly 6 pounds per month all told.

You must feel great!

Congratulations!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic