NMNNMN is apparently good for the liver

PaulN

NMN is apparently good for the liver

Post by PaulN »

NMN and another favourite ( Sildrenafil) improves fenestrations in the liver ( which decline in age and contributes to insulin resistance) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30285464

riott

Re: NMN is apparently good for the liver

Post by riott »

This is the first time I've heard of Sildenafil. Can you provide info for me to learn more?
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

riott wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 am This is the first time I've heard of Sildenafil. Can you provide info for me to learn more?
I think the study quoted above is noting the similar behavior of many medications and compounds, including the Viagara-type pill Sildenafil, which is a vaso-dilator, statins (like simvastatin) and even blood pressure drugs (like amlodipine) versus a supplement like NMN.

Given the choice of all these types, I'd lean toward the use of a supplement.
Youvion

Post by Youvion »

Here is some additional research on how NAD+ supplementation is good for the liver, specifically fatty liver disease.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28254760

In this paper they describe a supplementation regiment that consists of NR (before the days of NMN being readily available) to up regulate mitochondria in the liver, L-Carnitine to accelerate fat transport to the mitochondria to be burned as fuel, and Serine and NAC to combat the increase in reactive oxide species created by the high fat burning liver mitochondria.

It is sort of a one-two-three punch to reduce fat deposits in the liver. At least it works for mice!

I have been taking this regiment daily for the past couple years. No ill effects, but I haven't had my liver fat tested in a while.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic