SenolyticsHeart cells: what do we know

canadahealthy

Heart cells: what do we know

Post by canadahealthy »

I am wondering if there have been any studies related to the improving of heart function or even reversal of heart disease.

It is way up there on the charts for morbidity and i wonder if anyone is aware of any studies.

I do have a parent with 2 regurgitating valves of the heart. We don't know for how long this has been going on, but I am worried it is something recent, as I my mother is 86 years old. Congestive heart failure runs in her family - but she has now out lived her entire family and is roughly tied to her grandparents age wise.

Besides frailty due to her age, this is her first major health concern in 20 years when she was diagnosed with CML (leukemia) which has been more or less cured on a molecular level by a drug that acts a lot like a senolytic (imatinib) in fact later generations of this drug are considered senolytics.

There is a "non-invasive" surgical intervention available. But she may not want to go there and with the current second lock down ,it may not be an option for some time to come.

jessicaP

Re: Heart cells: what do we know

Post by jessicaP »

Well my supposition is that we don't know much about specific therapies for Senolytics, although there is at least one study in Canada looking at senescence in Heart cells.

It may be up to us, once we know how a Senolytic works, to try the therapy ourselves. There is nothing harmful about getting rid of senescent cells - we just need to make sure that is all they do.

https://www.lifespan.io/news/kings-coll ... rt-repair/

another article

https://www.fightaging.org/archives/202 ... the-heart/

Last edited by jessicaP on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxcost

Post by Boxcost »

I know there have been other studies on NMN benefits for the heart but this one is more recent:
"The investigators found that treating old mice with either drug individually or in combination improved age-related changes in the ratio of metabolites PCr to ATP. The reversal of changes in this ratio with either treatment individually or in combination indicated a restored ability of the older hearts to handle a higher workload and heart rate."

Also generally to cardiovascular issues, I would pay attention to Vitamin K, in my case I take Vitamin K2 MK-7 200mg at 5 days a week.

This is a good article on the issue:
https://www.nutraceuticalbusinessreview ... ion/147750

jessicaP

Post by jessicaP »

Boxcost wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:49 pm I know there have been other studies on NMN benefits for the heart but this one is more recent:
"The investigators found that treating old mice with either drug individually or in combination improved age-related changes in the ratio of metabolites PCr to ATP. The reversal of changes in this ratio with either treatment individually or in combination indicated a restored ability of the older hearts to handle a higher workload and heart rate."

Also generally to cardiovascular issues, I would pay attention to Vitamin K, in my case I take Vitamin K2 MK-7 200mg at 5 days a week.

Merry Christmas!

Do you have more info as to what SS-31 is?

NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

I think of what we do more as preventatives or even preservatives rather than reparatives. 
It would be amazing if we could be tissue repair with vital organs.
canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

Boxcost wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:49 pm I know there have been other studies on NMN benefits for the heart but this one is more recent:

I am just starting to learn about K2 and currently am starting K2 - D3 drops. I am thinking of sneaking them into my mom's drinks. I also give her B12 and Follate and tell her it is in case the NMN is burning some of it off. She seems to be ok with that.

She is actually doing quite well, but has recently been diagnosed with moderate mitral valve regurgitation. Apparently this can be treated with a fairly safe procedure, but it will be some time before this is even an option (pandemic blues) and she may not like the idea.

But on reading about the treatment, they can pretty much fix it with a low-invasive procedure, so maybe this is something we can revisit once the vaccines have made there way into the population.

I guess she could have worse issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic