SenolyticsFisetin Regulates Gut Microbiota and shows Neuroprotective Effect on Parkinson's Disease

AlbertY

Fisetin Regulates Gut Microbiota and shows Neuroprotective Effect on Parkinson's Disease

Post by AlbertY »

Impressive result! https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33381005/

Previous studies have reported the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer effects of fisetin. However, the therapeutic efficacy of fisetin in Parkinson's disease (PD) is unclear.

In this study, researchers demonstrated that fisetin could markedly alleviate 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP)-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration in mice.

The results also revealed that fisetin changed the number, diversity, and distribution of gut microbiota in MPTP-induced mice model of PD. The alpha and beta diversity analyses showed that the fisetin intervented MPTP group gut microbiota exhibited a significantly higher abundance of Lachnospiraceae and a significantly lower abundance of uncultured_bacterium_g_Escherichia-Shigella and uncultured_bacterium_g_Bacillus than the MPTP group gut microbiota. These findings indicated that fisetin exerts a neuroprotective effect on neurodegeneration by altering the composition and diversity of gut microbiota. Thus, fisetin could be a potential novel therapeutic for PD.

Notably, these mechanism seems to be independent to the senolyitc propertie of fisetin. Means that there are extra benefit of fisetin even beyond removing senescent cells!

Ph.D. student at Harvard Medical School, doing research on aging
RobSmith

Re: Fisetin Regulates Gut Microbiota and shows Neuroprotective Effect on Parkinson's Disease

Post by RobSmith »

Great news for those who suffer from Parkinsons or who have a family history of it (like mine). 
That does it for me - next purchase from ABS will include the Optimiser with the Fisetin.
Thanks very much Albert.
Newage

Re: Fisetin Regulates Gut Microbiota and shows Neuroprotective Effect on Parkinson's Disease

Post by Newage »

RobSmith wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:22 am Great news for those who suffer from Parkinsons or who have a family history of it (like mine). 
That does it for me - next purchase from ABS will include the Optimiser with the Fisetin.
Thanks very much Albert.

Smart move RobSmith. As you probably know I have been taking the Optimizer Series from ABS for some time now..
It is a great formula.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Time to add the "Optimizer" to the ever growing list!
Newage

Post by Newage »

drkris69 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:04 am Time to add the "Optimizer" to the ever growing list!

I believe the AliveByScience  Optimizer Series compliments their NMN and NAD+ perfectly drkris69.

drkris69

Post by drkris69 »

Im about to find out Newage! :D

canadahealthy

Post by canadahealthy »

It is pretty incredible stuff.

I am getting it for my mother. Who, by the way has been responding to exercise quite well (she has been taking NMN 350mg for 6 months) her gait is longer and she finds it much easier to get off the couch. 

We are in lockdown, so we've discussed upping the exercise. I am looking forward to post pandemic time swhen she can show off her improved strength at her church.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic