Customer SupportLSG Resveratrol without curcumin?

evanb

LSG Resveratrol without curcumin?

Post by evanb »

I have a thought about regular curcumin consumption and the inhibitory effect curcumin has on detoxification pathways. Hopefully someone in this forum can speak to that to which I’m referring.

About two years ago I began a periodic detoxification program based on Dr. Bryan Walsh’s work [0]. Following the program very carefully, he’d mentioned in the second module of his video series called, “The Science of Detoxification - Part II” [1], that curcumin should be avoided when undergoing detox. Apparently it strongly inhibits phase 1, 2 and 3 detoxification pathways, which is entirely counterproductive when trying to rid oneself of xenobiotics.

Phase 1: CYP2C19, CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP3A
Phase 2: UGT, SULT
Phase 3: P-glycoprotein, MRP2

I’d like to regularly consume AliveByScience LSG curcumin for the additional benefit of the resveratrol content, but I also don’t want to regularly prevent any detoxification pathways, as we live in a very toxic world.

I realize I also could simply stop the LSG curcumin on the days I detox, but I’d really rather not skip the resveratrol as well.

Does Alive By Science have any plans to make straight LSG resveratrol without the curcumin?

[0] https://www.metabolicfitnesspro.com
[1] https://www.metabolicfitnesspro.com/pro ... ts/7697081 @ 13’12”

smokinjoe

Re: LSG Resveratrol without curcumin?

Post by smokinjoe »

evanb wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:10 pm I have a thought about regular curcumin consumption and the inhibitory effect curcumin has on detoxification pathways. Hopefully someone in this forum can speak to that to which I’m referring.

About two years ago I began a periodic detoxification program based on Dr. Bryan Walsh’s work [0]. Following the program very carefully, he’d mentioned in the second module of his video series called, “The Science of Detoxification - Part II” [1], that curcumin should be avoided when undergoing detox. Apparently it strongly inhibits phase 1, 2 and 3 detoxification pathways, which is entirely counterproductive when trying to rid oneself of xenobiotics.

Phase 1: CYP2C19, CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP3A
Phase 2: UGT, SULT
Phase 3: P-glycoprotein, MRP2

I’d like to regularly consume AliveByScience LSG curcumin for the additional benefit of the resveratrol content, but I also don’t want to regularly prevent any detoxification pathways, as we live in a very toxic world.

I realize I also could simply stop the LSG curcumin on the days I detox, but I’d really rather not skip the resveratrol as well.

Does Alive By Science have any plans to make straight LSG resveratrol without the curcumin?

[0] https://www.metabolicfitnesspro.com
[1] https://www.metabolicfitnesspro.com/pro ... ts/7697081 @ 13’12”

I don't get it. What is it you are detoxing from?

I don't agree that we have all these toxins in our bodies, and what little we do have is handled with water consumption and exercise.

I am not trying to just be contrary, if I am totally ignorant on this, please feel free to educate me. I have learned a lot from many people on here. 
evanb

Post by evanb »

smokinjoe wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:06 pm I don't get it. What is it you are detoxing from?

I don't agree that we have all these toxins in our bodies, and what little we do have is handled with water consumption and exercise.

I am not trying to just be contrary, if I am totally ignorant on this, please feel free to educate me. I have learned a lot from many people on here. 

Hi Joe - I am referring to heavy metals and fat-soluble xenobiotics. Including but certainly not limited to, synthetic and industrial chemicals, insecticides, fungicides, benzenes, and dioxins.

While exercise helps mobilize these xenobiotics out of fat-cells and into the enterohepatic system, unless you have compounds waiting in wings to mop them up (binders), a large percentage of them get recycled and are ultimately re-deposited back into fat cells.

Regarding detoxification, there are a total of four pathways, (phase 0-3) involved at the cellular level.  Phase 0 is where the toxin enters the cell, and the last one, phase three, is the “exit” out of the cell. The problem is, curcumin is a potent inhibitor of the phase 3 pathway. Even if you’re exercising and drinking plenty of water, the presence of elevated-dose curcumin ultimately results in the xenobiotic being unable to exit the cell.

Let me be clear on curcumin, I love it. I think it’s excellent, and it should be included in health programs - just not during detoxification.

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense.

Newage

Post by Newage »

A very good explanation evanb.
Unfortunately our bodies can act as a giant sponge absorbing the good along with the bad. (thanks to present time, day by day exposure)
Im a great believer in intermittent detoxification of the Body as part of my own personal wellness regimen..
evanb

Post by evanb »

Does Alive By Science have any plans to make an LSG Resveratrol supplement, without curcumin?

Cheers.
smokinjoe

Post by smokinjoe »

evanb wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:20 am
smokinjoe wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:06 pm I don't get it. What is it you are detoxing from?

Hi Joe - I am referring to heavy metals and fat-soluble xenobiotics. Including but certainly not limited to, synthetic and industrial chemicals, insecticides, fungicides, benzenes, and dioxins.

While exercise helps mobilize these xenobiotics out of fat-cells and into the enterohepatic system, unless you have compounds waiting in wings to mop them up (binders), a large percentage of them get recycled and are ultimately re-deposited back into fat cells.

Regarding detoxification, there are a total of four pathways, (phase 0-3) involved at the cellular level.  Phase 0 is where the toxin enters the cell, and the last one, phase three, is the “exit” out of the cell. The problem is, curcumin is a potent inhibitor of the phase 3 pathway. Even if you’re exercising and drinking plenty of water, the presence of elevated-dose curcumin ultimately results in the xenobiotic being unable to exit the cell.

Let me be clear on curcumin, I love it. I think it’s excellent, and it should be included in health programs - just not during detoxification.

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense.

Fantastic explanation. Even I understood it.. lol. :)
CeeJayBee

Post by CeeJayBee »

I agree, great explanation evanb.

I love how this forum is getting smarter. What I have learned in the past 18 months about health, disease prevention and longevity versus the previous 50 years, is incredible.
NewLifeScience

Post by NewLifeScience »

Interesting reading about detoxification.

I am thinking about trying this out.

WIll wait until warmer days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic